P&B Dead Pool 2016

Spain

A question here - is Vinnie Jones' wife famous in her own right or just for being his wife?

If the latter, does she count (if she were to die)?

You can debate, but I'm not clarifying this one until January 1st.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not keen on the substitutes either. I believe the Dead Pool should be 15 predictions at the start of each year and that format ain't broke.

But I'm not giving up a year's worth of spare time to run it so can't complain too much.

8 rings a bell by Njord in one of his previous incarnations.

I had 8 in the year I had Masao Yoshida as my captain. Inspirational leader so he was, both in life.....

Can't speak for years previous, as although I was deadpooling elsewhere I never once opened the threads on here till 2011.

Strange.

Anyone who's submitted already will notice I haven't read their messages yet. Trying to figure out my own team first. Keep them coming though, I'd cleared my mailbox for it.

Surely Vinnie Jones' missus falls under the Liz Taylor Rule? Unless she's famous for something other than being married to Vinnie Jones and I've missed it?

Of course she falls under the Liz Taylor Rule - not that we actually need the rule in the first place, you're either famous for something or you're not, even if being someone's mum is what you're famous for - Liz Taylor wasn't.

The year I won it, I had went with a sort of theme team (pairs of folk, ie 2 folk called billy graham, 2x gun nuts, 2x sports stars etc etc).

I'm sorely tempted to try this again but with football. I have now more than 15 ex footballers , and am pretty confident that 7 or 8 would go, and they are not 'that' old.

Problem is, I don't know which 7 or 8, otherwise I would just put them in a normal team.

Plus it takes away from trying to pull out the solos , which are the fun part, and gives you a 'freebie' over someone picking an 85 year old.

Decisions decisions.

Another 2 weeks to make up my mind or for some folk to just 'die'. Hell, the last wiki entry on folk to die was 4 days ago. 4. Fuckin global warming :(

Archived