Congratulations to Burntisland Shipyard

Would petrol costs used for train, and a trolley from sainsburys no have got the kit up and round and down the hill? Better still hire a boat from granton harbour.

Hire a boat? Did i just see that?

Anyways back to topic well done to Burntisland.

I'm sure the same would have been for Tynecastle but with players having agreed to "work" in the morning that's the dilemma they where faced with, EoS is an 'amateur' league in comparison to juniors where players are paid regularly?

Congratulations to the Shippy.

Another step in the right direction for the pyramid :)

Are you saying that junior players don't work Saturday mornings cause they get paid more for playing junior ? :D

Congratulations to the Shippy. Another step in the right direction for the pyramid :) Are you saying that junior players don't work Saturday mornings cause they get paid more for playing junior ? :D

Either that or they're able to get away from work 30-40 mins earlier than their eos counterparts....

Beyond the simple fact of them having better facilities and practices, which will be of benefit to every stakeholder at the club, it has 3 main benefits:

(1) - they'll become eligible for promotion to LL (and indeed, subject to floodlights, onward to SPFL1 & SPFL2)

(2) - they'll still be able to enter the Scottish Cup after the 'guillotine' falls on unlicensed members next summer

(3) - they'll retain their SFA membership, meaning certain financial and voting benefits, including receiving any licenced-only payments

There are now 4 licensed clubs in EOSL, 1 in SOSL and 1 in NCL; plus 1 in Amateurs (Glasgow Uni) and 2 in Juniors (Linlithgow and Banks o'Dee).

Beyond the simple fact of them having better facilities and practices, which will be of benefit to every stakeholder at the club, it has 3 main benefits:

(1) - they'll become eligible for promotion to LL (and indeed, subject to floodlights, onward to SPFL1 & SPFL2)

(2) - they'll still be able to enter the Scottish Cup after the 'guillotine' falls on unlicensed members next summer

(3) - they'll retain their SFA membership, meaning certain financial and voting benefits, including receiving any licenced-only payments

There are now 4 licensed clubs in EOSL, 1 in SOSL and 1 in NCL; plus 1 in Amateurs (Glasgow Uni) and 2 in Juniors (Linlithgow and Banks o'Dee).

ah right ok thanks for clearing that up.

Who are the other 3 licensed clubs?

On the subject of tynecastle I think the key is not travelling without it being vital, a East of scotland game is not vital and the transport situation is a lot different now.

Who are the other 3 licensed clubs?

On the subject of tynecastle I think the key is not travelling without it being vital, a East of scotland game is not vital and the transport situation is a lot different now.

The 5 tier six clubs with a license are:-

EOS: Burntisland Shipyard, CS Strollers, Coldstream and Hawick Royal Albert.

SOS: Wigtown & Bladnoch

Hibee has listed above the 4 clubs who have a license below this tier.

I suspect Duns will be the next EOS club to be licensed. In the SOS, St Cuthbert Wanderer's and Edusport Academy can't be far off and if Newton Stewart ever build the necessary cover for 100 fans then they too will be in the mix.

The 5 tier six clubs with a license are:-

EOS: Burntisland Shipyard, CS Strollers, Coldstream and Hawick Royal Albert.

SOS: Wigtown & Bladnoch

Hibee has listed above the 4 clubs who have a license below this tier.

I suspect Duns will be the next EOS club to be licensed. In the SOS, St Cuthbert Wanderer's and Edusport Academy can't be far off and if Newton Stewart ever build the necessary cover for 100 fans then they too will be in the mix.

and the chances of any of the above ever winning their league is ZERO

and the chances of any of the above ever winning their league is ZERO

Think you may have missed the point completely. The above proves a lot of hard work is going on behind the scenes in the lower leagues and also ensures that these teams will be able to compete in the Scottish Cup.

Furthermore I think its almost certain that St Cuthbert's will achieve their license within the next 6 months, and last time I checked, there's a better than average chance that they will win their domestic league.

Added to that, there is currently a vacancy in the Lowland League which Civil Service are among the favourites to fill.....something that wouldn't be the case had they not achieved their license.

But at least you took your opportunity to publish your somewhat bizarrely negative and factually inaccurate thoughts that were sailing aimlessly through your cranium. Well done.

Think you may have missed the point completely. The above proves a lot of hard work is going on behind the scenes in the lower leagues and also ensures that these teams will be able to compete in the Scottish Cup.

Furthermore I think its almost certain that St Cuthbert's will achieve their license within the next 6 months, and last time I checked, there's a better than average chance that they will win their domestic league.

Added to that, there is currently a vacancy in the Lowland League which Civil Service are among the favourites to fill.....something that wouldn't be the case had they not achieved their license.

But at least you took your opportunity to publish your somewhat bizarrely negative and factually inaccurate thoughts that were sailing aimlessly through your cranium. Well done.

Well said BB,yeah St.Cuthberts are currently top of the SOS.I was down in Kirkcudbright a couple of months ago,they were erecting a perimeter fence that backed onto the scheme that's adjacent to the ground,also thought St.Mary's was looking great,new covered enclosure,4g pitch and floodlights,so your right they won't be far away.

Well said BB,yeah St.Cuthberts are currently top of the SOS.I was down in Kirkcudbright a couple of months ago,they were erecting a perimeter fence that backed onto the scheme that's adjacent to the ground,also thought St.Mary's was looking great,new covered enclosure,4g pitch and floodlights,so your right they won't be far away.

Great to hear the latest updates Whitburn.

Was last at St Mary's about 3 years ago – will visit again next season to see all the changes. Exciting times ahead for the club! :-)

Well done to Burntisland, lot of hard work done there for a small club, but I think it's fair to point out that this is more to do with keeping their SC place than ever being realistic contenders to move up the Pyramid. Same with a few others. Nothing wrong with that of course.

With Easthouses now in the Juniors, is it fair to say the EoS will be largely dominated by Leith Athletic and LTHV who are miles away from being licenced and therefore the promotion path to LL is effectively blocked in the EoS once all places are taken?

Archived