P&B Relationship Advice Thread

I meant eating on the toilet obviously. It saves a lot of tedious walking if you do that.

I see. It's just that he'd probably break his teeth on the porcelain and would doubtless end up with severe stomach pain as his body wouldn't be able to digest it.

Thanks for clearing that up.

There's a girl at work I like and the feeling is clearly mutual. However, there's a pretty significant power imbalance and she's also ridiculously religious (although apart from that she's great).

Do I a) go for it and risk making work the most awkward place on the planet, attract the ire of my other colleagues and potentially not get any hole for my troubles until marriage (which is not ok, and I'm really not a scumbag either)

Or b) take the tried and tested 'don't shit where you eat' option, potentially see the mutual attraction grow and become all depressed and resentful because I don't feel I can go for it.

Looking forward to the 'kick her in the pie' response, but genuine advice would be most welcome too!

Find out if shagging is on the menu. If not, dont take the piss out of yourself, gtfo. If so, 100% go for it. Get utter bullshit like 'power imbalance' out of your head while you're at it, in terms of it affecting any decision about dating & relationships. Edited by banana

There's a girl at work I like and the feeling is clearly mutual. However, there's a pretty significant power imbalance and she's also ridiculously religious (although apart from that she's great).

Do I a) go for it and risk making work the most awkward place on the planet, attract the ire of my other colleagues and potentially not get any hole for my troubles until marriage (which is not ok, and I'm really not a scumbag either)

Or b) take the tried and tested 'don't shit where you eat' option, potentially see the mutual attraction grow and become all depressed and resentful because I don't feel I can go for it.

Looking forward to the 'kick her in the pie' response, but genuine advice would be most welcome too!

I shat where I eat a few months ago and there is no awkwardness at all

I'll start off with a simple query.I've been seeing a girl for about 6 weeks but we only ever really see each other at weekends. Should I buy her something for Christmas or is it too soon? I am pretty skint and I'm not even sure if I like her in a "serious" way, but I don't want to come across as a Scrooge-like character.

Don't buy anything, but arrange a fun chrimbo evening together instead. If she thinks you're a scrooge, dump immediately and buy yourself something with the money you've saved.

Fist her at the printer.

Just ask her out, if its yes, see how it goes, if its no, no harm done and just move on with life. No big deal really Edited by bob the tank

I'll admit to giving the wife foot rubs every day for six months while she was paralysed in the hospital. She tells me that it motivated her to get moving again, as she apparently used to hear the nurses drooling over her attentive husband, and she was worried that I'd start working my way through them :lol:

No, I didn't believe her either, but it was sweet of her to say.

This sounds like a shit made-for-TV film that's on 5 during the day.

I'd reckon you were played by Norm from Cheers, BFTD.