P&B Relationship Advice Thread

5 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Chances are yes, but don't rule out me being behind a different copse of shrubbery or even up a tree

Be a wear. Possibility of lightning in Fife this weekend.

You're welcome.

2 hours ago, Rowan said:

Take her to a swingers club.

A sterling attempt to regain the title of P&B's favourite ladyposter. Kudos.

• 1 month later...
Okay, so I have been seeing my girlfriend since February, She isn't the problem, it's her Grandmother. 
She is an ultra Religious psycho, who believes everyone is going to hell regardless of what they do. I have met her 4 times and been left with a sour taste every time. From expecting prayers before a meal, before a coffee and wishing the lord lights your way on the way home. 
The first big issue is that she pretty much wants me to become religious, she practically told me the month after my granny died to let god in, so i wouldn't burn in hell when i died (Held back the rage there just), She knows nothing apart from forcing the word of god onto people. 
We booked a holiday, and she is against non-married couples doing anything at all, she has just found out and basically screamed dogs abuse at my girlfriend who's phoned me in floods of tears. I really want to say something, but i don't want to cause a major fight with her family, I just want her to realise that it's a different time, and to stop forcing religion down peoples throat. Something tells me a boot in the pie isn't going to be enough. Anyone else dealt with something similar?

Well I don't think I'll be dealing with the gran again.

Girlfriends away up to visit her, she's declined the invitation to church and been disowned (until the gran calms down I presume.)

Surprised it's taken her that long to lose the plot tbh.

V disappointed in the gentlemen of PnB. 3 hours you've left this selfless angel of the NHS hanging and not one offer of a lift?

For goodness sakes read between the lines chaps and take the hint.

Show Ms Cuddy some chivalry, then the excitement and euphoria of seeing Mr Williams live and maybe even take her for a wee kebab on the way home. She'll be putty in your hands boys, putty in your hands....

No need for that if she puts the heating up full and opens all the windows her car will be fine...

• 3 years later...
On 12/12/2015 at 00:46, Stephen Malkmus said:

Is your marriage on the rocks?

Not sure about asking out that fit burd who lives downstairs?

Need some help losing your VLs?

Have you been kb'd by an "...average-y looking cocktease"?

Welcome to the P&B relationship advice thread, inspired by Mr. Bairn's attempts to reconcile his overpowering teenage hormones with decent human behaviour. This thread has been started so that P&B's combined thousands of years of relationship experience can unite to provide Dear Dierdre-esque advice to those who are confused and perhaps sexually frustrated.

I'll start off with a simple query. I've been seeing a girl for about 6 weeks but we only ever really see each other at weekends. Should I buy her something for Christmas or is it too soon? I am pretty skint and I'm not even sure if I like her in a "serious" way, but I don't want to come across as a Scrooge-like character.

I'm married and happyyy!!