Benefits of the Union Part 94.

Baxter Parp

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bitter sweet isn't it. Shite to see business struggle though, my own works getting hammered with cuts.

Utter shite.

Still though, I'm part of this famous, glorious Union and worldwide force so can't complain. :rolleyes:

Rool Bruttanya.

God bless the Queen and all who have ridden her.

Something I will say, even as something of an snp fanboi and solid supporter of independence (i.e. I can't envision any material circumstances which can change my view that Scotland would be better off governing as an independent country rather than as a region of the UK) is that there does have to be a bit of care taken to avoid blaming literally any and all bad news stories on our decision to vote No. It'll be better for your sanity, and really, it's hard on here sometimes to distinguish between being NOVOTEBAD and SNPBAD.

There were without question some unrealistic promises made in the lead up to the referendum that have shown to be false edit: referring in particular to promises from some that a No vote was guaranteed to be a safer, more secure option when the reality isn't as clear cut as that, and some outright disgraceful tactics from for example Labour (scaring pensioners despite their associated pension liabilities, as I understand it, being guaranteed under the Edinburgh Agreement) but its important to at least try to look at things rationally.

The broad shoulders of the U.K. has done f**k all for Aberdeen as tens of thousands up here have lost their jobs and will continue to next year.

But at least we're getting to bomb some brown people again.

Better together :lol:

The broad shoulders of the U.K. has done f**k all for Aberdeen as tens of thousands up here have lost their jobs and will continue to next year.

But at least we're getting to bomb some brown people again.

Better together :lol:

Bombing brown people gets the uk its mojo back according to Gideon this week

Under the present system of global capitalism our economy will be susceptible to significant fluctuations over which we have little or no control whether we are a part of the UK or not.

I think it's likely we wil see Independence in my lifetime; I reckon it will take longer than that to find an acceptable and workable alternative to the global economic structure.

Basically just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. Agree with Slavoj Zizek that the current trajectory of global capitalism is completely unsustainable and a new collectivism will probably take its place eventually, but back to arguing over the crucial question of whether the national capital should be Embra or London.

Archived