Forfar v Cowdenbeath 12/12/15

Still think we are missing Malcs and Dods more than we realise - don't get me wrong, we have some very good centre halves but those 2 dominated games. Currently we're not taking our chances and a single error at the back is proving more costly now than last season.

Today, we should have been a couple up before Cowdenbeath had their first effort on target. Same as Hampden a couple of weeks ago and same as quite a few other matches this season.

January has to see us get a striker - signed or loan ( is Murray getting a game at United these days?)

If we can start converting the chances, it would take the pressure off the midfield and defence.

3 wins and we're in the top end playoff mix.

Enjoyed seeing so many youngsters on the pitch today - much more energy for longer in the game. As I say, had we taken the Hay and Swankie chances before 'beath scored, Dick could still have been leading the team till the New Year. We're not that far away...#Believe

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would Danny Lennon be that bad? Done reasonably well with St Mirren and Cowdenbeath, done alright in the first season with Alloa aswell.

Danny would be a good appointment for Forfar. Did a great job at Cowden and won a cup for St Mirren. After they booted him they sunk like a stone. He had a tough task at Alloa as the Championship is still the most competitive league in Scottish football with plenty of big clubs in it with far more money. Dick getting the boot after Danny becoming available seems good timing as well. Hope Forfar go for someone else as he would certainly improve them.

Danny would be a good appointment for Forfar. Did a great job at Cowden and won a cup for St Mirren. After they booted him they sunk like a stone. He had a tough task at Alloa as the Championship is still the most competitive league in Scottish football with plenty of big clubs in it with far more money. Dick getting the boot after Danny becoming available seems good timing as well. Hope Forfar go for someone else as he would certainly improve them.

Was Danny Lennon in charge when yous won the league ?

Yano looked better in the middle than at left back . He was certainly fired up today. The team must have had an idea of what would happen.

There's a decent team there somewhere just need to find the right recipe .

I was all for dick going but now it's reality I feel a bit gutted , last season was brilliant especially . :(

Dick taking us from bottom of the old 3rd to promotion in a couple of years is, to me, his biggest triumph for the club. Last season was definitely fun though.

I suspect you will not be alone in the despondent stakes regarding Dick. Brave new world awaits though.

Still think we are missing Malcs and Dods more than we realise - don't get me wrong, we have some very good centre halves but those 2 dominated games. Currently we're not taking our chances and a single error at the back is proving more costly now than last season.

Today, we should have been a couple up before Cowdenbeath had their first effort on target. Same as Hampden a couple of weeks ago and same as quite a few other matches this season.

January has to see us get a striker - signed or loan ( is Murray getting a game at United these days?)

If we can start converting the chances, it would take the pressure off the midfield and defence.

Enjoyed seeing so many youngsters on the pitch today - much more energy for longer in the game. As I say, had we taken the Hay and Swankie chances before 'beath scored, Dick could still have been leading the team till the New Year. We're not that far away...#Believe

I was there and never saw the clear cut chances before Spence scored. The highlights seem to have missed them too. The only clear cut chances fell at Spence's. Feet, he could have scored another three goals (watch the highlights) Forfar weren't too bad but had no attacking threat. The wee winger didn't seem to understand the offside rule which didn't help. Don't like to hear about a manager losing his job in such circumstances. Hope Forfar don't regret this.

What a load of bollocks.

Your number 11 hit a good shot from distance which Jamie saved first half. Was that his only save?

To say you should have been 2 up before we scored is like me saying I have over 250 notches on my bedpost as I have spoken to more birds than that.

Apparently he was forced to resign after shouting at a fan

A couple of our fans were standing along from his dugout and said he was arguing back with a fan in the first half so could be something in that. I would imagine he's maybe been told he had to win yesterday and the pressure of that has got to him, wouldn't have expected him to bite the bait from a punter.

I was there and never saw the clear cut chances before Spence scored. The highlights seem to have missed them too. The only clear cut chances fell at Spence's. Feet, he could have scored another three goals (watch the highlights) Forfar weren't too bad but had no attacking threat. The wee winger didn't seem to understand the offside rule which didn't help. Don't like to hear about a manager losing his job in such circumstances. Hope Forfar don't regret this.

The only decent chance they had was the one Jamie saved and that was when we were 1-0 up.

What a load of bollocks.

Your number 11 hit a good shot from distance which Jamie saved first half. Was that his only save?

To say you should have been 2 up before we scored is like me saying I have over 250 notches on my bedpost as I have spoken to more birds than that.

1 Campbell's shot saved by the keeper and young Kerr missed the rebound (again, saved by the keeper

2 Swankie through and missed the target completely.

You must've been at the bridie stand when those efforts were going in (or trying to get more notches)

Campbell's shot never really looked like going in Sneddon had it well covered although he never got the ball under complete control at first but got it gathered before Kerr could do anything with the rebound.

Swankie was in a good position but made an arse of it no real danger in the end.

1 Campbell's shot saved by the keeper and young Kerr missed the rebound (again, saved by the keeper

You must've been at the bridie stand when those efforts were going in (or trying to get more notches)

Campbell's shot? Thought it was an overhit pass. As for Swankie, he didn't like being tackled and wanted all the Cowden defenders booked. What a tool.

You are kidding yourself on. Our keeper had 1 decent save to make. He was injured for half the game and was hard to tell from his lack of action.

To say you should have been 2 up before we scored is bollocks and nothing you say will ever change that.

And I am very happily married thank you so last thing I need is more notches!

Campbell's shot never really looked like going in Sneddon had it well covered although he never got the ball under complete control at first but got it gathered before Kerr could do anything with the rebound.

Swankie was in a good position but made an arse of it no real danger in the end.

Re Swankie - Thanks for reaffirming my point that we need a decent striker.

From our position, it looked very much like Kerr got to the ball ahead of the keeper and he made a very good block (after his initial fumble). The fact Kerr took a big swing at it and none of the 'beath players complained about it suggests the ball was there to be won, rather than already gathered by the keeper. (Just my opinion - and, again...if we had an out and out goal scorer...)

Archived