Carlo Monti

Carlo1990

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Need to get your facts right social club is privately owned and as far as I'm aware club has little sponsorship. And to set the record straight out with the town Pollok are probably the club I admire most great club great history both you and Auchinleck no time for clubs who try to buy success. I've always been against players getting paid more than expenses. My concern here is the people who run clubs have a responsibility to make sure when they leave that they leave that club in a better state than when they arrived. I was concerned when I heard your social club had been sold I'm more concerned now I hear your clubs trustees have decided to pay this kind of money to any player never mind how good he was is or might be! Get a grip and stop trying to defend the indefensible. It's a conversation a debate if you like I'm only putting over my point of view not looking for a war. I genuinely hope Shettleston and Pollok stay up and can build on that as I think going on the games from last season and so far this both clubs and supporters have a mutual respect for each other.

You've said a few times this is a discussion around the junior game/wages in general but you appear desperate to make it about Monti and Pollok.

Ehhh who started the thread? Is it not the boy and Pollok who initiated the discussion so it's hard not to mention them and if you or anyone else doesn't want to keep it going then stop coming back at me and others with stupid statements and I will stop needing to reply to you.

approach based on player who thought he was out of contract.

just met club secretary he is concerned your club has approached a player illegally he tells me clubs either contact the players club or the SFA if they think he's out of contract. Bad show from your club but I've heard it's common practice for some clubs to operate underhand when approaching players.

Ehhh who started the thread? Is it not the boy and Pollok who initiated the discussion so it's hard not to mention them and if you or anyone else doesn't want to keep it going then stop coming back at me and others with stupid statements and I will stop needing to reply to you.

I understand what you are saying but you are contradicting yourself a bit. You keep saying its not about Carlo and Pollok but you then continue to make reference to him - comments about what happens if he starts struggling, will he want more money etc.

I actually think you are making quite a good point overall but you seem to have some kind of personal issue towards the player in question or an agenda towards Pollok.

You also seem quite keen to tell other clubs how their club both should and is being ran.

I understand what you are saying but you are contradicting yourself a bit. You keep saying its not about Carlo and Pollok but you then continue to make reference to him - comments about what happens if he starts struggling, will he want more money etc.

I actually think you are making quite a good point overall but you seem to have some kind of personal issue towards the player in question or an agenda towards Pollok.

You also seem quite keen to tell other clubs how their club both should and is being ran.

Disagree.

Think everybody recognises that Monti is a good player and has the right to join any club he wishes.

The town was simply opening up the thread to a wider debate.

Should junior clubs that lack basic requirements like floodlights really be investing so much on players?

Does paying certain players a substantial amount impact the attitude of the rest of the squad?

That sponsorship and investment rather than more bodies through the gate is crucial for a competitive club.

Monti himself raised interesting points that a player may consider when joining a club like tax issues and contract length.

Perhaps in the future if a player is advertising his availability he should ask for the thread to be locked so be comments can be addad.

Disagree.

Think everybody recognises that Monti is a good player and has the right to join any club he wishes.

Should junior clubs that lack basic requirements like floodlights really be investing so much on players?

Does paying certain players a substantial amount impact the attitude of the rest of the squad?

That sponsorship and investment rather than more bodies through the gate is crucial for a competitive club.

Monti himself raised interesting points that a player may consider when joining a club like tax issues and contract length.

Perhaps in the future if a player is advertising his availability he should ask for the thread to be locked so be comments can be addad.

I knew you would come round to the idea of floodlights eventually :)

Disagree.

Thank you. It was difficult not to mention Carlo Monti or Pollok in this discussion and others kept taking me back to them with their comments to.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived