Carlo Monti

Carlo1990

Need to get your facts right social club is privately owned and as far as I'm aware club has little sponsorship. And to set the record straight out with the town Pollok are probably the club I admire most great club great history both you and Auchinleck no time for clubs who try to buy success. I've always been against players getting paid more than expenses. My concern here is the people who run clubs have a responsibility to make sure when they leave that they leave that club in a better state than when they arrived. I was concerned when I heard your social club had been sold I'm more concerned now I hear your clubs trustees have decided to pay this kind of money to any player never mind how good he was is or might be! Get a grip and stop trying to defend the indefensible. It's a conversation a debate if you like I'm only putting over my point of view not looking for a war. I genuinely hope Shettleston and Pollok stay up and can build on that as I think going on the games from last season and so far this both clubs and supporters have a mutual respect for each other.

Me too, and I've enjoyed all the games between our clubs bar the last one. Our president is a chartered accountant, our committee has plenty of accountants, lawyers and the likes. These aren't people that will let the club be financially mismanaged. Having seen the accounts, I have absolutely 0 worries.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to hear it. We have beaten you twice in last 3 league matches that and only team to beat rob Roy in league this season and 4 0 defeat of meadow gives me great heart and hope for future. Not getting to carried away though still lots to do to survive in this league.

Be interesting to learn how Pollok accommodate all their forwards. Will they go 3 up top or Monti in behind front two ?. Davie Winters is an excellent player, his movement in and around the box is fantastic, Monti very similar...ball to feet. Remember a bit of friction when Winters was given spot kick duties ahead of Barr in match against Kilbirnie... a game Winters hit 4 ffs...will he still be main man.? Plenty options for the manager though goalscoring doesn't seem to be a problem anyway. Robbie Winters may be the fall guy but he still has plenty to offer, had some excellent games for Ladeside including a last minute equaliser at Hurlford. You would expect Pollok to be banging in the goals but may take time to find right system.

Me too, and I've enjoyed all the games between our clubs bar the last one. Our president is a chartered accountant, our committee has plenty of accountants, lawyers and the likes. These aren't people that will let the club be financially mismanaged. Having seen the accounts, I have absolutely 0 worries.

Fantastic professional committee. Never known anybody from those professions telling lies or doing time!! Lol...

Talking about wages.

Technically all juniors players on pro contracts that train 2 nights a week and

Turn up on Saturdays are entitled to minimum wage.

Say 8 hours equals £50

Authorities will eventually follow up a players complaint.

Be interesting to learn how Pollok accommodate all their forwards. Will they go 3 up top or Monti in behind front two ?. Davie Winters is an excellent player, his movement in and around the box is fantastic, Monti very similar...ball to feet. Remember a bit of friction when Winters was given spot kick duties ahead of Barr in match against Kilbirnie... a game Winters hit 4 ffs...will he still be main man.? Plenty options for the manager though goalscoring doesn't seem to be a problem anyway. Robbie Winters may be the fall guy but he still has plenty to offer, had some excellent games for Ladeside including a last minute equaliser at Hurlford. You would expect Pollok to be banging in the goals but may take time to find right system.

The friction you mention was only friction in Richie Barrs eyes.

Barr was well on his way out of Pollok under McInally at that point and there was no way he was getting to take the penalty ahead of Winters who was on fire that day.

Not sure if Barr ever featured again.

As for friction for things like penalties, I would imagine the team will be glad if Carlo takes them and becomes a regular scorer.

Over the last 12 months we have had Winters, Sweeney,Hanlon, McAleenan all have a go and all have had misses. It's been a problem area for Pollok.

Robbie has featured mostly as a sub, so don't see that changing much.

Mackenzie and Winters have been first choice pairing when both have been fit or not suspended - which hasn't been many games - possibly most of Novemeber when we went on our run but before that both were struggling.

MacKenzie obviously was one of the ones who got stupidly involved in the Rob Roy game so is suspended for another game.

Hepburn has being playing wide left, but last games McAleenan has played there.

So to be honest bar Davie Winters who has played most games the rest have alternated depending on form, fitness and the opponents. So I don't think anyone can claim they are a certain starter in the forward positions except Wints

I agree that it's going to be interesting to see how the manager gets them to fit into a system, but no doubt about it we have a lot of talented players to try and keep happy.

Barr was an embarrassment towards the end of his time with Pollok. Glad he left and has done nothing of note since.

Hanlon can continue to take the penalties as he hasn't missed yet, and Carlo did miss a few.

I'd quite like to keep Hepburn JC, would start every week if I was the manager, something different at junior level and plays good football.

The friction you mention was only friction in Richie Barrs eyes.

Barr was well on his way out of Pollok under McInally at that point and there was no way he was getting to take the penalty ahead of Winters who was on fire that day.

Not sure if Barr ever featured again.

As for friction for things like penalties, I would imagine the team will be glad if Carlo takes them and becomes a regular scorer.

Over the last 12 months we have had Winters, Sweeney,Hanlon, McAleenan all have a go and all have had misses. It's been a problem area for Pollok.

Robbie has featured mostly as a sub, so don't see that changing much.

Mackenzie and Winters have been first choice pairing when both have been fit or not suspended - which hasn't been many games - possibly most of Novemeber when we went on our run but before that both were struggling.

MacKenzie obviously was one of the ones who got stupidly involved in the Rob Roy game so is suspended for another game.

Hepburn has being playing wide left, but last games McAleenan has played there.

So to be honest bar Davie Winters who has played most games the rest have alternated depending on form, fitness and the opponents. So I don't think anyone can claim they are a certain starter in the forward positions except Wints

I agree that it's going to be interesting to see how the manager gets them to fit into a system, but no doubt about it we have a lot of talented players to try and keep happy.

Good post although for me its monti first pick and then you fit the others around him.

He's that good at junior level and is a stand out.

Class act on the park although maybe not on here ;)

I think that's right-Carlo up front plus the correct combination of the others.Its a strange one for Heppy as many feel he should have been given much more chance playing straight down the middle rather than out wide to really show what he can do.

I think that's right-Carlo up front plus the correct combination of the others.Its a strange one for Heppy as many feel he should have been given much more chance playing straight down the middle rather than out wide to really show what he can do.

If Carlo signed for my club I couldn't care if it were for £10 a week or £1000 a week .

If the guys who are in charge of a club can sustain it then Yoj would need to be delighted with him signing for your club , sadly lots of clubs probably can't afford this however if you can then there's nobody better in the juniors for me regarding being a first choice striker than carlo.

You pick him , you play him and you ask the rest to fit around him as he's technically the best striker in the juniors bar none ......however he's not a good poster on here :)

Archived