Carlo Monti

Carlo1990

Exactly and well said as it's an excellent signing as he's top quality at junior level without a doubt.

My only issue was when the shettleston guy said that Pollok fans would soon need to pay double admission fee and double the pie fee to accomodate this signing.

There's simply no way that pollok fans will soon need to fork out £12 admission fee and £3 for a pie to accomodate signings like this .

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your still missing the point. It's not about Carlo Monti or Pollok they have simply brought the matter to the fore. The last time the player signed I'm sure he wasn't on anywhere near what's been mentioned and I may add £2k and £200 per wk is more likely £250 per wk as these things generally get lowered for public knowledge and for very point I've tried to make ie Pollok like others have a number of top players who will be raising an eyebrow or two at these figures. What happens when one of two of them are playing at the top of their game while Carlo might be going through a drought. What knock on effect does this have for top players at other clubs? Where does it end? Also to say gate money isn't taken into account when assessing a clubs finances is ridiculous, it's the first thing taken into account. The scenario at meadow is prime example and I've heard of rumblings at Hurlford . As for Pollok quick fix that is going to haunt them I fear.

Say Pollok have a crowd of 500 (close enough this season) per game for arguments sake. At £6 for adults and £3 concessions, assuming 250 people at each say that's 2 - 2.5k taken at the gates per home game. At 2 games a month for 10 months of the year you're talking about around 20k a year? Figure could be higher or lower depending on how many games pull in really good crowds and when gates are split for cup games etc

Even with matchday costs, you're still talking about a significant chunk of a club like Pollok's income coming at the gates. So to say that doesn't play a huge role in a club's finances is nonsense. Obviously it's not a concrete figure like sponsor's cash but for a club like Pollok where you're guaranteed at least a few hundred every week then you know roughly what you'll take over the year

The fact is McInally and the President etc wouldn't have let him sign if we couldn't afford it. Whether he is on £2,or £200 a week I don't care, there are a lot of people now criticising the signing of Carlo when two weeks ago they were desperate to get him to come to them.

Welcome Home Monti

I know for a fact gate money is taken into account at kilbirnie. That's the main issue during the winter we need games on to get the gate money and survive

The gate money will help mate but if clubs were solely relying on gate money to pay wages then three quarters of junior clubs would be going bust and not paying many wages out the last month or so as there's hardly been any games .

Clubs like pollok and Talbot have large gates and that does bring in good cash but the rest of us in comparison don't really have great crowds every single week to bring loads of cash in.

The gate money will help mate but if clubs were solely relying on gate money to pay wages then three quarters of junior clubs would be going bust and not paying many wages out the last month or so as there's hardly been any games .

Clubs like pollok and Talbot have large gates and that does bring in good cash but the rest of us in comparison don't really have great crowds every single week to bring loads of cash in.

mate are you honestly trying to tell me the gate money only helps. 200 paying adults is 1200 quid. without it we be Ayrshire district team. It more than helps it makes the bills get paid and it pays wages.

Say Pollok have a crowd of 500 (close enough this season) per game for arguments sake. At £6 for adults and £3 concessions, assuming 250 people at each say that's 2 - 2.5k taken at the gates per home game. At 2 games a month for 10 months of the year you're talking about around 20k a year? Figure could be higher or lower depending on how many games pull in really good crowds and when gates are split for cup games etc

Even with matchday costs, you're still talking about a significant chunk of a club like Pollok's income coming at the gates. So to say that doesn't play a huge role in a club's finances is nonsense. Obviously it's not a concrete figure like sponsor's cash but for a club like Pollok where you're guaranteed at least a few hundred every week then you know roughly what you'll take over the year

Fair points , I think in this case Pollok using a sponsor or maybe still have cash from sale of their social club either way both sources will dry up sooner or later. Then what when this seasons player of year or top goal scorer assuming it's not young Carlo , are looking for same or more than he? What about all the senior players preparing to step into juniors next season now thinking clubs can pay £200 plus a week plus hefty signing on fees? As for clubs wanting Carlo yes I'd love him at town if our manager could have acquired him but when it became public knowledge what he was looking for and has got no , no thanks. Good luck to him and Pollok I like the club and its fans always pleasant and look forward to their visit to Greenfield.

They don't go bust because they live within their means, clubs who don't create ripples of problems for others while threatening the existence of the club they have been passed the responsibility for. The game at all levels has been littered with Glory hunters who have left clubs in a state of disrepair. No room in the game for these people give me Fergus McCann every day. If players payments where capped or controlled , and I know it's a difficult one more money woul be available for clubs to upgrade facilities etc. Players play football because they enjoy it it's a sport . If can't play senior the next option is junior irrespective of sums of money. Very few would quit because they can't get paid ridiculous sums and game would be better without them imo.

This is why despite being asked on numerous numerous occasions a never joined the committee... it turns people into being more concerned about accounts, wages etc that they don't actually enjoy the fitba on a Saturday... Don't mean you Hertha but seen it with so many people.Also actually dreaded that some day a would turn round to a moaning fan and tell him not to come back as his money really really really made no difference and the club would survive without him. If it went by gate money alone junior players would be on about 20 notes a week tops... that is the reality but your average supporter just can't understand that.

Re sponsorship. Many sponsors of junior clubs are local many have advertising boards etc because their customers are fans of the club or they are fans themselves or their workforce are fans. Junior clubs could maybe survive without gate money but sponsorship would greatly reduce if there were no actual people attending games..one is directly linked to the other.

This thread has turned into a bit of a joke!

I chose to sign for Pollok not for money not for length of contract nothing else other than plain and simple terms it's better the devil you know than you don't know!

Me being paid at my previous team or not doesn't have any knock on effect on anyone here? If so elaborate

The people who are piping up the most in the thread are you so delusional about your own club?

Some teams offered way more money than Pollok had offered but would they disclose everything for tax purposes etc? Not a chance!! So right away the players back is up!

Other teams tell you sign to end of season and try pulling the wool over players eyes and giving them longer deals than had been agreed!

Now tell me why play Russian roulette with these clubs to go through the stress of trying to get away when u think your deal is ended at the supposed agreed date commencing to be told no you have 3 more years!

Or why don't we just put joe blogs on a 5er a week and pay him 100? Don't disclose tax or anything on it and the taxman is then up said players arse chasing for money owed!

This is a public forum. It may have started with your signing for Pollok but it is a discussion among supporters re players monies and clubs incomes which is what we do on here. Some could argue it's shouldn't be used by players to start a bidding war among clubs but I don't think anyone has . Good luck to you with Pollok don't take anything on here to heart there's been plenty before you who have signed for big money and there will be plenty in future. Allow us guys with time on our hands to blow some hot air and have our debates.

I chose to sign for Pollok not for money not for length of contract nothing else other than plain and simple terms it's better the devil you know than you don't know!

Me being paid at my previous team or not doesn't have any knock on effect on anyone here? If so elaborate

The people who are piping up the most in the thread are you so delusional about your own club?

Some teams offered way more money than Pollok had offered but would they disclose everything for tax purposes etc? Not a chance!! So right away the players back is up!

Other teams tell you sign to end of season and try pulling the wool over players eyes and giving them longer deals than had been agreed!

Now tell me why play Russian roulette with these clubs to go through the stress of trying to get away when u think your deal is ended at the supposed agreed date commencing to be told no you have 3 more years!

Or why don't we just put joe blogs on a 5er a week and pay him 100? Don't disclose tax or anything on it and the taxman is then up said players arse chasing for money owed!

post-29004-14525240544483_thumb.jpg

it's really no all about you ????????

Just sign as an amateur then if money is not an issue.

You won't have to worry about tax issues and be a free agent end of season.

Sorted.

St Anthony's might be good for you.

Archived