Clyde v East Fife

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This could very well be Gary's last game in charge and rightly so. I have no plans today but not even thinking of going to this game, that is how bad we are. I can only see a home win by at least 2 goals. No tactics, no fight, no leadership, no plan b and we will continue to play hoof ball to a lone striker who will have zero support. Good luck with that

Serious questions now must be asked about Naysmith's future at the club. We have won something like 1 in 10 now, not good enough.

The manager will always shoulder the majority of the blame, but it's been the same story season after season now.

The league is wide open, with 4 possibly even 5 teams still have a chance of winning it, sadly we won't be involved.

Serious questions now must be asked about Naysmith's future at the club. We have won something like 1 in 10 now, not good enough.

The manager will always shoulder the majority of the blame, but it's been the same story season after season now.

The league is wide open, with 4 possibly even 5 teams still have a chance of winning it, sadly we won't be involved.

Aye but he's such a lovely guy and interviews really well.

Think we should give him another 6 seasons at least to get it right.

Welcome 3 Points , Played better and lost...

Fergies two finishes total class but Junior needs to get MOTM. Total rock and threw himself in front o everything..

East Fife not that bad and their keeper looks a right good fine, great game & Double save from fergie and durie early on, Gormley twice in second half and Tipped a fergie 20yarder onto post in between..

Forever n eva

Good win and keeps the run going. Wasn't as an impressive performance compared to recent weeks but still created a number of chances and really should have scored more than two. The East Fife keeper made a couple of decent saves from Gormley, one if which would have been equal to Fergie's second goal if it had went in. Their keeper also tipped a Fergie drive onto the post.

Ferguson done well with both goals with his second being a cracker from 25 yards or so out which left keeper no chance. Smith was man of the match for me though excellent at the back.

Barry had a few choices to make for the starting eleven and think he got them right. Durie had the pace to keep Austin and check and we got a lot of joy down the right in the first half with some decent play between Durie and Fergie. The fit again Sean Higgins was on the bench which I felt was also the right call. When Higgins came on the midfield lost its shape and East Fife had a lot of room in the middle of the park. I would have brought Murray on at that stage of the game rather than Higgins.

Gormley didn't have a great game and was a bit isolated at times but he should how much of threat he carries with a ridiculous volley that the keeper made a great save from. He also had a chance right at the death which the keeper saved well but if Gormley had got the ball off the ground the keeper wouldn't have saved it.

One downside was we had a lot of corners but the delivery was usually poor. We have been spoiled with mitchell recently.

East fife offered little, Austin had a header from a corner cleared off the line and missed a great chance on the one time he managed to get in behind the Clyde defence. As the game went we started to retreat further and further into our own half bur Ferguson's second goal ended the game.

Good result today, deserved win not greatest performance but East Fife didn't creat much at all in the end.

Agreed Smith really solid again and two great finishes from Fergie. If there is a debate between Durie and Mitchell I don't see it. Mitchell, I think offers much more, certainly we miss his deliveries. In saying that decent depth of squad this year in terms of quality which is making the difference.

Good to keep run going getting very tight at the top now.

Archived