Most pathetic/comical customer meltdowns

DA Baracus

I know the guy you are talking about, did you work in cruise? He was a regular customer in Hugo boss. Michelle mone was my customer quite a lot in boss, she was a thundercunt of the highest order.

Used to work in all saints across the road from cruise and then the one on Buchanan st. It was the wee guy with the glasses if that rings a bell?

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair the zoomers you generally encounter in call centres like sky and insurance companies etc are utterly ridiculous. Wish I could share some stories in my current job as I could genuinely top anything posted on this thread. Best reaction I ever had in terms of a story I can tell was working in a well known fruit named electronics store in glasgow, customer brought in an obviously fake version of an iPhone ( 'iPhone nano') insisting that it was real and only available in china, when told no such genuine product existed started stamping her feet crying and acting like a toddler until she was papped out.

"I have the best stories in the world that will trump all your shitey little tales but I can't share them so you'll just have to take my word for it and make do with every one else's second rate anecdotes".

Had an old c**t/woman complain to me on Sunday, that after a 12 hour flight from Austria. That the 3 hour drive from the airport was ridiculously long. When I tried to explain that 3 hours was pretty good going. She SHOUTED

"WELL, WHEN YOU START TO TRAVEL IN LIFE......"

I walked away & didn't listen to anymore. :lol::1eye

My first job was stacking shelves in Safeway. One Christmas Eve about 10 minutes before we closed, I had a wifey have a total meltdown at me because we had run out of frozen turkeys, calling me all the b*****ds under the sun. When she stupidly asked me "and what am I supposed to do now?" I don't think my answer of "I don't give a f**k" was the answer she was wanting.

My manager at the time, who wasn't exactly the nicest guy in the world, heard this exchange from the next aisle and came round, and to my amazement didn't fire me on the spot, but advised the woman that she should probably "piss off" out the shop.

He told me he thought I had handled the situation quite well. To this day I'm sure he must have misheard what I told her. Maybe not.

My first job was stacking shelves in Safeway. One Christmas Eve about 10 minutes before we closed, I had a wifey have a total meltdown at me because we had run out of frozen turkeys, calling me all the b*****ds under the sun. When she stupidly asked me "and what am I supposed to do now?" I don't think my answer of "I don't give a f**k" was the answer she was wanting.

My manager at the time, who wasn't exactly the nicest guy in the world, heard this exchange from the next aisle and came round, and to my amazement didn't fire me on the spot, but advised the woman that she should probably "piss off" out the shop.

He told me he thought I had handled the situation quite well. To this day I'm sure he must have misheard what I told her. Maybe not.

Are you George O'Boyle?

Worked in a greetings card shop when I was still young and virile. The day after the works Christmas night out was a Sunday, which was my shift to open and close and be in charge of the teenage weekend staff. I was sitting in the staff room feeling rough from the night before when one of the till lassies came storming in, fuming and demanding I come and assist her with an elderly customer who was causing a problem at the till. Walked out to see what the fuss was and the woman was ranting and raving about being "cheated" because the lassie had rung up a pocket diary at 99p instead of 89p. I refunded her the 10 pence in front of a huge queue and she stormed out the shop shouting "you've to watch all the time!".

Had a brilliant meltdown from a technician last month who had been nominated to bring desks into a room which the occupants felt was already overcrowded. Went something like:

Look, I've been telt by the head of school to bring this stuff in here amongst a million other f***ing things I need to get on with, and you're telling me to take all this back? Well you can f*** right off as I dinna take orders from you over a manager. I'm sorry you hate the idea but deal with it, this stuff's staying here and if you don't like it then don't take it out on me, go and whinge to somebody else. I don't need to be dealing with any more extra s***e just now because of you.

He's still in a job at the moment, although he did come back with an apology at the time.

Couldn't help but picture this in my head at the time...

Deal_with_it_dog_gif.gif

My last job in Glasgow, we had one customer who lost a fair amount on a couple of bad investments and didn't take it too well. Would phone up on a regular basis blaming us for his f**k ups, threatening to bomb our HQ and bankrupt the company. Needless to say he was referred on to the polis.

Worked in a pub in the West End for a while that was one of a number owned by a fairly well known Glasgow gangster. Used to get hangers on and family coming in who would target the new staff and try to intimidate them into getting free drinks. We were fairly well drilled in terms of who to look out for and telling them they would pay like everyone else, but one guy who tried it regularly came in pished one night and didn't take it well when we told him that we didn't care who he knew, he would need to pay up. He threatened to phone the owner and get him down here so he could sack the staff and arrange for us to get a kicking for our disrespect. Shift manager handed the boy his phone and dialled the owners number. Boy sobered quickly and never came back.

My mate used to work in the death claims department of a life insurance company and had a guy trying to cash in his polic because he'd technically died on the operating table. Sadly declined as he couldn't provide a death certificate.

My mate used to work in the death claims department of a life insurance company and had a guy trying to cash in his polic because he'd technically died on the operating table. Sadly declined as he couldn't provide a death certificate.

Fucking technicality

My last job in Glasgow, we had one customer who lost a fair amount on a couple of bad investments and didn't take it too well. Would phone up on a regular basis blaming us for his f**k ups, threatening to bomb our HQ and bankrupt the company. Needless to say he was referred on to the polis.

Finally explains what happened to the guy in the Gold forum who invested in Northern Rock.

I once had a meltdown when I landed a job in the Murraygate Dixons for Christmas some moons ago.

20 minutes into the job, the manager didn't like my tinsel artwork around one of the counters I had decorated and told me take it off as it didn't look right so i told him to shove his camcorders up his arse and walked out.

Dont know if it counts as a customer rant or meltdown but I saw a couple having a barney in Asda one day and the lady in question launched a 4-pint carton of milk at her fella which promptly burst on impact drenching him in semi skimmed

Couple of years ago a customer went a bit mental at me 'cos neither my team member nor I would take his complaint about his holiday seriously. Started cursing and swearing and threatening a Social Media vandetta because I didn't offer any financial compensation.

The complaint? The fish in the sushi restaurant at his hotel was raw.

Lies, more lies and the final one I'm sure was on one of those click-bait type facebook lists of customer complaints that included similarly bullshit tales.

There is enough nonsense floating around the world for people to tell true funny stories so why you guys feel the need to lie or copy other peoples shite is beyond me.

You have upset me greatly as you can probably tell.

I'm surprised the Tully didn't serialise that over a Monday-Friday and bring out a special pull out supplement on the Saturday.

Me too, thankfully there was somehow an even more gripping story to tell that week.

Something about an old bloke with a mind bending dilemma of being delivered an extra electric blanket.

A friend of mine, ahem, was that heads gone customer once and took exception to some door staff refusing him entry to a hotel bar as it was "closing early". This friend took exception to this, believing it was because he was both jaked and under-age and it was alleged that a large planter was launched in the general direction of the bouncers. They got out of the way but the large tub went through the sliding doors of the hotel, exploding a load of mud and flowers into the hotel lobby. The bouncers had been telling the truth as well and the place was shutting early for once.

Lies, more lies and the final one I'm sure was on one of those click-bait type facebook lists of customer complaints that included similarly bullshit tales.

There is enough nonsense floating around the world for people to tell true funny stories so why you guys feel the need to lie or copy other peoples shite is beyond me.

You have upset me greatly as you can probably tell.

Can't speak for the other 2, but my story is absolutely true. Just one of a procession of rockets that we get our our line of work.

ETA sorry to have upset you. And sorry in advance if this post upsets you further.

Archived