Most pathetic/comical customer meltdowns

DA Baracus

When I worked for Semi-Chem store, we had some woman in trying to find some cut-price Factor 50 sun tan lotion, which was permanently out-of-stock. I patiently explained that we couldn't get the stuff in, and to try Boots round the corner. She went on a huge rant that ended with...

"I'm not going to Boots. I'm not made of money".

I explained that there was absolutely nothing I can do. She replied...

"Do you want me to get skin cancer?".

It's to my eternal shame that I didn't say "yes".

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A customer ordered a door, picked it up from our depot last Monday, and phoned up today to say a hole had been drilled in the door, and "it wasn't like that" when he picked it up. He only discovered it a whole week later. Hmmm...

A few years ago a polish chap got chucked out of tesco in Musselburgh for switching the price tickets on the reduced stuff in the fridges. He was ranting at the staff and security guard, in polish, even though none of them clearly knew what he was on about. Amusing to watch.

I was working for Argos on the phones about eight years ago. A wifey phones up asking about her delivery date, which she knew would be after Christmas (think this was the 23rd December).

Told her there was nothing I could do to get it to her before Christmas and she started ranting and raving that it was her six year old's main present, and that she wanted me to personally phone her son on Christmas morning and explain why Santa hadn't come to his house. Mentalist.

I did have a women phoning me one day when I worked for Avon shortly after leaving school, telling me I had a lovely voice and that she wanted to come up to Glasgow and sit on my face. Never took her up on the offer.

Edit: Thankfully I decided that a life dealing with irate arseholes wasn't for me and I got an education.

Also when I worked at Sky some guy was having issues with his signal. Seemingly he'd called in a few times but had no joy. He demanded to speak to a manager, and upon being informed that it couldn't be sorted immediately went mental and told the manager he hoped he and his kids got cancer

Was it mattydfc?

Because I'm now situated in the scummiest part of Aberdeen,

All of it then?

I work for the NHS and have seen staff get some mental abuse mainly from jaked up neds who of course pay my wages, which they don't because rarely do they have a job to pay any tax. People who obviously have f**k all wrong with them demanding MRI's are the worst.

Used to work in complaints for a bank, far too many to mention- as well as the usual folk saying they'd had their card used without their knowledge and then discovering they'd used it when they were pished and just forgotten about it, there was one woman who insisted we were breaking data protection laws by using window envelopes and not writing the address manually on a solid envelope.

Also one woman complaining for ages about overdraft charges, got her to confirm all the individual transactions were valid and said there was nothing we could do as she'd been over loads of times before, had previous charges refunded as goodwill gestures, she knew the script by now etc etc. After I was off the call I googled one transaction I hadn't heard of that took her overdrawn and discovered it was an online sex toy shop.

So at least she could actually go and f**k herself.

I saw a delightful meltdown in the Tesco Metro in Nicolson Street in the late 90s. I was at the till about to pay for my shopping when I overheard two girls at the next till over. Students, evidently, and I don't mean that as a particular dig - I was a student at the time too, it was simply clear from the accents and clothes that they were students. All their shopping had been scanned and when it came to pay one of them said "what we've got is this... it's a cheque made out to her (indicating the other girl), and a letter from the person that wrote it saying that it's okay for us to pay you with it instead".

The bewildered check-out girl had to get her supervisor to tell them this wasn't happening which resulted in a full-blown meltdown from one of them. "this is ridiculous", etc.

I had to hang around pretending to wait for someone just to watch it unfold.

Refused a guy service as he was wanting to get pished with all his pals in the pub whilst his child, who can't have been any older than five, sat outside. Went absolutely ballistic, told me he was getting me sacked, the usual 'do you not know who I am' garbage.

Upon finally ejecting his lardy arse from the premises he phoned ten minutes later to hurl yet more abuse, saying he knows the editor of the Dundee Evening Telegraph and that I should expect a story about myself slamming the ridiculous decision to not serve him.

I know regional newspapers are a bit shite but come on, even that's getting desperate.

You'll be shocked to hear that the 'story' was never published.

To be fair the zoomers you generally encounter in call centres like sky and insurance companies etc are utterly ridiculous. Wish I could share some stories in my current job as I could genuinely top anything posted on this thread. Best reaction I ever had in terms of a story I can tell was working in a well known fruit named electronics store in glasgow, customer brought in an obviously fake version of an iPhone ( 'iPhone nano') insisting that it was real and only available in china, when told no such genuine product existed started stamping her feet crying and acting like a toddler until she was papped out.

And here was me thinking you were a copper, not mall security. :lol:

Used to work in a clothes shop in Glasgow and a guy who used to own one of the Rainbow Room hairdresser franchises used to come in and act like he owned the place several times a week demanding staff followed him about the shop and treated him like a VIP.

I clocked onto it one day and couldn't stand the way he treated staff so I thought "f**k you". He asked for a jacket to be put by for him while he thought about it. It wasn't our policy to put stock behind for anyone so he kicked off and said "do you know who I am"?......

Eventually I said, As a one off I'd put it behind for him (to let him think he was winning) but as soon as he left the store, I put it back on the rack and someone else bought it shortly after.

The guy eventually strolls back in asking for the jacket and I told him it was sold and that someone must have put it back on the shop floor. Cue him calling me a terrible member of staff and that I was bad at my job. He was a seething mess. Didn't see him for a while after that

Worked in a shop for a couple of summers and there are few things more satisfying than watching someone's blood pressure skyrocket and face go bright red as they become more and more seething that you won't sell them a £2 pack of biscuits for 30p because the price was makes incorrectly. Even more satisfying when you just stand with a Greggy Wallace 'pleasing' grin which gets them even more raging.

When I worked at the deli counter at ASDA as a lad, there was this scaffy looking bint who would come in, normally fairly late, and ask for some peppered ham sliced very thinly on the slicing machine. Problem was, by this time we had cleaned the slicing machine in preparation for closing. We normally refused her requests, and she would mump and moan for a bit, but would just take some of the previous sliced ham. On one occasion we refused and she went mental saying it was a disgrace etc before bursting into tears and stomping off to find the supervisor. The supervisor came over and said on this occasion we had to slice it for her but in future we wouldn't do it. She may have got a little something extra in her ham on that occasion.

When I worked at the deli counter at ASDA as a lad, there was this scaffy looking bint who would come in, normally fairly late, and ask for some peppered ham sliced very thinly on the slicing machine. Problem was, by this time we had cleaned the slicing machine in preparation for closing. We normally refused her requests, and she would mump and moan for a bit, but would just take some of the previous sliced ham. On one occasion we refused and she went mental saying it was a disgrace etc before bursting into tears and stomping off to find the supervisor. The supervisor came over and said on this occasion we had to slice it for her but in future we wouldn't do it. She may have got a little something extra in her ham on that occasion.

Pepper??

I know the guy you are talking about, did you work in cruise? He was a regular customer in Hugo boss. Michelle mone was my customer quite a lot in boss, she was a thundercunt of the highest order.

Hang on, you worked sales in the Apple shop, and Hugo Boss (suits you sir), switched to the Police and now have a BA exec club card (whatever that is). All sounds a bit Blattery.

Archived