Most pathetic/comical customer meltdowns

DA Baracus

I can genuinely say that this has never, ever happened to me. Probably because not all of us live and work in the barren, frozen wastelands of the north east.

Yeah, you're right. Was just after confirmation that this is the case.

Living here dosent have anything good going for it. :(

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Following along the lines of oh what a long trip to get here - people who seem to expect extra from you just because they travelled out in the snow/bad weather.

"I came all the way to the bank to open an account, driving in these God awful conditions and you're telling me there is nobody available?"

Considering the fact that you could quite easily have waited for a nicer day, gone to a branch closer to home or called first to check then I'd say you're at fault here m8.

Another winter scenario was when I worked for Argos. The snow meant that only THREE members of staff including myself were at the shop before it opened at 9. It was agreed we'd open the shop anyway as surely the snow would mean a quiet start. Of course not - 5 or 6 folk came in at once and some were wanting to do returns. Who the hell travels out in snowy/icy conditions to return a set of mugs because the handles were too small? :lol:

Reminds me of a boxing day shift I pulled once in a gift shop. I expected it'd be an easy shift as it was Sunday hours and thought it'd be a ghost town, but as soon as we opened a procession of old women started coming in and buying up the discounted Christmas cards so they could put them away for next Christmas...

Wish I had access to my initial complaint when I quite clearly didn't ask for anything. Also at no point did I 'belittle' anyone. I had a legitimate complaint and gave the airline appropriate feedback?

Why waste the time making the complaint if you didn't want anything in return? That's just stupid.

I love telling customers "I dunno why your asking for my boss he'll tell you the exact same thing"

They then proceed to not listen or demand to go higher when my manager tells them the same.

Fucking peasants. It's "the manager" the customer wants to speak to. If the worker is making the customer annoyed, then the customer is doing it wrong.

The customer should raise their voice slightly without actually shouting. Be firm but patient. Maintain eye contact with the worker. If all that fails, then, and only then, the customer should smash something off a wall and stomp out. Possibly a sub-standard DVD player.

When I worked at Bank Of Scotland call centre, someone once demanded to speak to the head of HBOS. As if they guy was just sitting in the call centre in Dunfermline waiting to take calls from fandans all day.

When I worked at Bank Of Scotland call centre, someone once demanded to speak to the head of HBOS. As if they guy was just sitting in the call centre in Dunfermline waiting to take calls from fandans all day.

You should have transferred him to Barlinnie.

Wee Gav not in that day?

While working at a bank there would be a weekly conversation with customers who want to close their account.

"You're bank charges have put me overdrawn - I want to close my account"

"okay - I'll close your account once you put money in to bring it above £0"

"why the hell should I pay for the right to close my account? It's my account I can close it when I want"

This would then lead to having to go through their statements to source the issue which caused the charges and explain that they should have received a letter explaining this about a month ago. Of course this would then be escalated on to a manager who would fecking refund the charges and make me look like a tit in the first place. One guy came out the meeting with my boss and called me a "f**king w****r" as I was serving an old granny. Charming.

Another customer started crying in front of me when I told her she needed to pay in something like £4.50 to bring the account back to £0. Gave me a big sob story about how she spends all her money on her young children and that she's also supporting her disabled sister.

Checked her statement and every transaction was a take-away company or Xbox live. She left with her tail between her legs when I suggested that instead of having a dominos every 3rd night she might look to save some money to take her family on a holiday.

I worked with a bank for 8 years and it was fucking hell. On my last day I just refunded hundreds of folks charges without telling anyone. Robin Hood style. They phoned me trying to get me to pay the money back the company lost or I'd be put on CIFAS (fraud list thing). I just ignored it. Not heard anything back in about a year and a half.

Following along the lines of oh what a long trip to get here - people who seem to expect extra from you just because they travelled out in the snow/bad weather.

"I came all the way to the bank to open an account, driving in these God awful conditions and you're telling me there is nobody available?"

Considering the fact that you could quite easily have waited for a nicer day, gone to a branch closer to home or called first to check then I'd say you're at fault here m8.

Another winter scenario was when I worked for Argos. The snow meant that only THREE members of staff including myself were at the shop before it opened at 9. It was agreed we'd open the shop anyway as surely the snow would mean a quiet start. Of course not - 5 or 6 folk came in at once and some were wanting to do returns. Who the hell travels out in snowy/icy conditions to return a set of mugs because the handles were too small? :lol:

Aberdonians.

Worked briefly at a hotel with a gym and we received a letter from a regular guest complaining that the treadmill machines weren't working properly (they were) and he couldn't do his exercising. In the very same letter, he complained that, in addition, the car park was very full on his last visit and he had a much longer walk to from the car than normal.

I got sacked from B&Q due to a customer meltdown.

I worked in the garden centre, and a chubby guy in his 40's brought me a pathetic looking tray of pansies over and asked if he could have them for free. I said no, as we are not allowed to dish out stuff for free, but I would mark them down to 1p for him.

He wasn't happy with this and demanded to see my manager, he duly came over and said the same, and that we really should be reducing it to half price so I was doing him a favour as it was. Customer called me, then my gaffer a pair of jobsworth c***s and launched his tray of pansies at me whilst shouting if we were outside he'd be knocking f**k out of me. I pointed out although under a canopy we were actually technically outside before launching the pansies back at him, connecting beautifully with his face. Handed my awful dayglo apron to my manager and walked out the shop.

Lost my job so not my finest hour but my manager is eternally grateful I never dobbed him in during the investigation for howling with laughter after it. He did his best to get me off the hook but tbf it wasn't going to happen and I'm probably lucky I never got done for assault.

Worked briefly at a hotel with a gym and we received a letter from a regular guest complaining that the treadmill machines weren't working properly (they were) and he couldn't do his exercising. In the very same letter, he complained that, in addition, the car park was very full on his last visit and he had a much longer walk to from the car than normal.

Surely the much longer walk cancelled out the fact that the treadmill wasn't working properly?

Neither pathetic or comical, just bizarre I suppose.

Boy turned up at the electrical shop I worked at 20 odd years ago, with a goosed Bosch washing machine in tow.

Starts down the sale of goods act, it was about 18 months old (bosch were 2 years g'tee but he didn't know that).

Demands to see the manager and produces his receipt.

The boss twigged straight away, it had been paid by cheque, and that cheque had bumped.

So, he wanted the goods back (even though they're fucked) , the boy wants a new washer for nothing (got receipt , payment is a different matter).

It was a Mexican standoff for an hour or so before they came to an agreement .

We got the broken machine back, he got a hefty discount on a new one (and had to pay cash).

It seems like the boy got a good deal, which he did, but for the boss it was a charge back of the full amount onto his p+l for recovering the goods from a bounced cheque.

Strange business.

Archived