Most pathetic/comical customer meltdowns

DA Baracus

A mate of mine works in a shop and they had an item in their sale at £24.99, which had been reduced from £31.00

This customer kicked off, demanding that he should pay the full pre-sale price, costing him £6.01 more.

Can you imagine it ?

This is getting really embarrassing.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a proper go back at a customer on Saturday as they were shouting and swearing at me telling me I was shite at my job etc.

All because they had called us to say they were closed on the day so we hadn't delivered anything.

Went absolutely through them, told him I don't have to listen to anyone shouting and swearing at me (I pretend to be very precious at work) and I could have his number barred from calling us if he swore at me once more.

Called back half an hour later asking to speak to me as he wanted to apologise, refused to take the call.

Thug Life

My dad is cringe material when it comes to the TA. He likes the Glengarry, never slags a Scotland player even when playing for their club, not allowed to wear a club top , makes a drunken arse of himself, he even met the Mayor of Brussels and the guy was trying to get him to leave Scotland and had a job lined up for him in Belgium ect, was quite surreal. I was begging him to leave :P

He's quite right on the club top part, that really bugs me. It's a Scotland game, you're not on a Club 18-30 holiday in Benidorm.

I once had a fairly posh man go completely radge at me, to use the local vernacular, when I worked at Safeway on Ferry Road in Edinburgh. All over a "meal deal" that wouldn't go through due to the fact he had picked an item that wasn't in it. I tried to explain there was nothing I could do and he would have to take up the issue with the customer service desk, which was freely available and located right behind him.

This might have been on a day when Spartans were playing a high-profile cup game, I can't recall, but there was a huge queue and I was the only numpty serving on the kiosk. He refused to go to the customer service desk because he was in a rush. When I suggested, after a few minutes of him ranting that this was a disgrace, I was inept, etc, that other people in the ever-growing queue might also be in a rush, he slammed the offending sandwich on the till and stormed off, dragging his bemused child with him.

None of this lives up to Ian Westwater losing the plot with my mate when he had to tell the former 'keeper we had no scratchcards left. "No fucking scratchcards, what the f**k?"

Got my first "you've fucking ruined Christmas" rant of the year yesterday.

Yes she was a single mother on benefits who can't seem to understand how a monthly direct debit works.

Got my first "you've fucking ruined Christmas" rant of the year yesterday.

Yes she was a single mother on benefits who can't seem to understand how a monthly direct debit works.

She's lucky you're paying her at all TBH. There's plenty of wives who'd clean your pipes for free, I'm sure.

All over a "meal deal" that wouldn't go through due to the fact he had picked an item that wasn't in it.

Saw a similar thing a couple of weeks ago with one guy adamant that he wasn't budging until he was charged the so-called advertised price, giving it the classic, yet untrue, "you must give it for that price". Unfortunately for him after kicking up such a fuss, it turns out the deal was for the 500ml bottles of Tyskie and not the 660ml which he had picked up, and he left empty handed in a strop a teenage girl would be proud of. Highly entertaining to watch even if it was holding up the queue though.

McDonalds on Kilburn High Road, scene of a recent shooting, 9am, Sunday morning.

I'd awakened with a brutal hangover, and sought some grease to try and ease the swally god's passage through me, so headed down to the local golden arches. The queue is a good mix of hangovers/fat messes/folk miserable at going to work on a Sunday. Best of all, it is absolutely silent. There's a single queue, three servers and we're all creeping forward, then just going to whichever one becomes free, cool.

This woman and her three screeching kids then come stomping past the entire queue and just walks right up to the first available server, and all hell breaks loose. I was meant to be next in line, see this happening, and just don't give a f**k. It'll take two minutes, they'll f**k off, whatever. The rest of the queue are somewhat less calm. She's shouting and screaming about folk not being able to queue properly, the server looks like he's about to have a breakdown, two utterly enormous, behemoth bouncer types a couple back in the queue end up going off on a total roid rage growling at her, one of her kids starts popping balloons, while another starts trying to kick f**k out of one of the aforementioned bouncer types who can't quite figure out what to do, and as the manager appears from the office, they're met with screeching, a booming "CONTROL YOUR FAM" from a bouncer type and me looking like Mike Myers in the Kanye West "GEORGE BUSH DOESN'T CARE ABOUT BLACK PEOPLE" rant.

The manager then proceeds to explain to this woman and her awful children that she is still barred for doing exactly what she's done this morning last month. And tells her to f**k off, she's then chucking napkins and straws and trays all over the places as her and Damien x 3 f**k off. I shuffle over to the server, manager apologises and the server explains that she got "knocked the f**k out" last time she tried it, so not quite so bad.

The amount of absolute zoomers in the general public that get either human error or basic marketing techniques mixed up with "false advertising" is incredible.

McDonalds on Kilburn High Road, scene of a recent shooting, 9am, Sunday morning.

I'd awakened with a brutal hangover, and sought some grease to try and ease the swally god's passage through me, so headed down to the local golden arches. The queue is a good mix of hangovers/fat messes/folk miserable at going to work on a Sunday. Best of all, it is absolutely silent. There's a single queue, three servers and we're all creeping forward, then just going to whichever one becomes free, cool.

This woman and her three screeching kids then come stomping past the entire queue and just walks right up to the first available server, and all hell breaks loose. I was meant to be next in line, see this happening, and just don't give a f**k. It'll take two minutes, they'll f**k off, whatever. The rest of the queue are somewhat less calm. She's shouting and screaming about folk not being able to queue properly, the server looks like he's about to have a breakdown, two utterly enormous, behemoth bouncer types a couple back in the queue end up going off on a total roid rage growling at her, one of her kids starts popping balloons, while another starts trying to kick f**k out of one of the aforementioned bouncer types who can't quite figure out what to do, and as the manager appears from the office, they're met with screeching, a booming "CONTROL YOUR FAM" from a bouncer type and me looking like Mike Myers in the Kanye West "GEORGE BUSH DOESN'T CARE ABOUT BLACK PEOPLE" rant.

The manager then proceeds to explain to this woman and her awful children that she is still barred for doing exactly what she's done this morning last month. And tells her to f**k off, she's then chucking napkins and straws and trays all over the places as her and Damien x 3 f**k off. I shuffle over to the server, manager apologises and the server explains that she got "knocked the f**k out" last time she tried it, so not quite so bad.

You could stay in bed till the Old Bell opened up.

The amount of absolute zoomers in the general public that get either human error or basic marketing techniques mixed up with "false advertising" is incredible.

You're correct , however , if you go about it the right way and don't be a total arsehole , you can sometimes at least get a deal.

I saw a cracking Tissot chronograph in Goldsmiths in Braehead for £180 , when I went in to buy it , it turns out a new person had mixed the tickets up and it was meant to be £285. The sales person said they had to withdraw it from sale , which is the correct way to deal with a mis-priced item. Said I was disappointed not to be able to buy watch asked the girl to double check , then left. Got home emailed their customer services and within 2 days got a call from the store manager saying as a goodwill gesture they would sell me it for the marked price.

Been on both sides of the fence , best approach is just don't be a dick to the staff and you'll get treated better.

Years ago I had a job in the Pro Shop at Letham Grange which was often frequented by wankers with lots of dosh. One of the hotel guests came in to book a tee time and handed over £40 for his round of golf. When I pointed out he could get on as a guest for £20 he boomed "do I look poor to you?" before storming off to complain to my somewhat bemused manager.

Just one of a catalogue of bizarre incidents there.

Complaining/kicking off in-store actually hinders your chance of getting anything IMO. If you're a dick, it just makes staff determined to not give you anything and to rub it in your face that you're wrong.

Pretty much. My experience (on being a both visibly competent and effort-making shop drone) is that if you at least appear to try for customers they'll be much more open to being told no regarding whatever the problem is. If however they try and start a fuss after I have been the above, particularly if they're the sort of person who can conspire to be thrown out of a McDonalds that needs multiple bouncers on a Sunday morning more than once, then there's no chance of anyone doing anything for them. I do wonder how people like that can exist in the world.

Feck me.

The couple of folk congratulating themselves for not going postal over a trivial matter, and then still complain onlinecena.gif

Heroes.

Not really, spineless shits.

That couple of quid you saved made you feel really good, enough to tell people you are spineless and tight, years later.

Nice.

Had a boy I was serving at Burger King once when I was younger flip out because he claimed I'd short-changed him by a quid. He went absolutely mental and accused me of being a retard. Even asked if I'd ever learned to count. He then called me a c**t and at this point I just started arguing back with him because I knew I was right. Eventually the assistant manager (a v. dece guy) came over and invited the guy to wait while he counted up my till to see if I was a pound over. Till balanced perfectly and I did my best Christian Bale Smug Face as the guy was asked to leave.

<<<<<< winning

Archived