Most pathetic/comical customer meltdowns

DA Baracus

Most of us have worked with the public at some point and as such know that customers are generally dreadful and appallingly thick.

With that in mind, what is the most pathetic/comical meltdown you have witnessed from a customer?

When I worked at Iceland it was heaving in the week before Christmas. Loads of folk were stocking up on the shitey frozen crap for the big day and as such many were getting home deliveries. A few days before Christmas it was snowing heavily. Some awful neddy hoor had a huge trolley load of Iceland's finest. Unfortunately she was unable to get a delivery that day as the roads were knackered due to the snow so the deliver van couldn't get out. Cue the neddy hoor throwing a huge strop before loudly declaring "CHRISTMAS IS CANCELLED!"and storming out the store in tears, dragging her doomed kids with her.

Also when I worked at Sky some guy was having issues with his signal. Seemingly he'd called in a few times but had no joy. He demanded to speak to a manager, and upon being informed that it couldn't be sorted immediately went mental and told the manager he hoped he and his kids got cancer

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plenty meltdowns at work (Waverley) because of the weather this weekend. Explaining to people it wasn't just a railway issue with flooding in Cumbria, the whole place was fucked and folk were getting evacuated. The classic line of "I know it's not your fault but...". Folk failed to understand the whole police advising not to travel and tears and angry rants ensued. Great laugh.

Had someone once phone my office threatening to cancel all accounts he had with us if i didn't waiver his insurance cancellation fee. I probably would've until he called me a cock and started mocking my accent whenever i went to speak.

His reaction when i told him he was being charged and would need to pay it was glorious, full on meltdown with the branch advisor trying to calm him down and trying to talk me around into not charging him it.

I once had a meltdown when I landed a job in the Murraygate Dixons for Christmas some moons ago.

20 minutes into the job, the manager didn't like my tinsel artwork around one of the counters I had decorated and told me take it off as it didn't look right so i told him to shove his camcorders up his arse and walked out.

#lad

Most of us have worked with the public at some point and as such know that customers are generally dreadful and appallingly thick.

With that in mind, what is the most pathetic/comical meltdown you have witnessed from a customer?

When I worked at Iceland it was heaving in the week before Christmas. Loads of folk were stocking up on the shitey frozen crap for the big day and as such many were getting home deliveries. A few days before Christmas it was snowing heavily. Some awful neddy hoor had a huge trolley load of Iceland's finest. Unfortunately she was unable to get a delivery that day as the roads were knackered due to the snow so the deliver van couldn't get out. Cue the neddy hoor throwing a huge strop before loudly declaring "CHRISTMAS IS CANCELLED!"and storming out the store in tears, dragging her doomed kids with her.

Also when I worked at Sky some guy was having issues with his signal. Seemingly he'd called in a few times but had no joy. He demanded to speak to a manager, and upon being informed that it couldn't be sorted immediately went mental and told the manager he hoped he and his kids got cancer

Customers are appallingly thick...worked for Iceland and Sky...people in glass houses and all that...

My brother in law worked in Homebase while he was at uni, and one Halloween the staff were encouraged to come in wearing fancy dress. There was the usual phoned-in assortment of pirates and zombies, and him who pitched up in a Geri Halliwell union jack minidress coupled with a full beard.

He lasted about quarter of an hour before the manager sent him home for the day on full pay after a flurry of complaints from customers, which was his plan all along. Job done.

My brother in law worked in Homebase while he was at uni, and one Halloween the staff were encouraged to come in wearing fancy dress. There was the usual phoned-in assortment of pirates and zombies, and him who pitched up in a Geri Halliwell union jack minidress coupled with a full beard.

He lasted about quarter of an hour before the manager sent him home for the day on full pay after a flurry of complaints from customers, which was his plan all along. Job done.

Was it a downstairs ginger beard?

To be fair the zoomers you generally encounter in call centres like sky and insurance companies etc are utterly ridiculous. Wish I could share some stories in my current job as I could genuinely top anything posted on this thread. Best reaction I ever had in terms of a story I can tell was working in a well known fruit named electronics store in glasgow, customer brought in an obviously fake version of an iPhone ( 'iPhone nano') insisting that it was real and only available in china, when told no such genuine product existed started stamping her feet crying and acting like a toddler until she was papped out.

Agreed, no reason to doubt it at all. I'm genuinely surprised that some of the population manage to function. Public transport is another great place to encounter them.

I once had a meltdown when I landed a job in the Murraygate Dixons for Christmas some moons ago.

20 minutes into the job, the manager didn't like my tinsel artwork around one of the counters I had decorated and told me take it off as it didn't look right so i told him to shove his camcorders up his arse and walked out.

^^^ never happened

Had to decline a punter's bet at the start of last season because he wanted Man City to win the league, Burnley to be relegated and Aguero to finish top goalscorer because it was a related bet. Tears and snotters everyfuckingwhere; "I pay your wages" etc. He took my name to report me to customer services, claiming he would not only complain about me, but he would also get his bet placed as a free bet.

Customer relations phoned me an hour later to tell me I was right to not take the bet, and that no such free bet had been rewarded. Pleasing.

Because I'm now situated in the scummiest part of Aberdeen, I constantly have junkies coming in to try and sell stuff; shoes, laptops, phones, fake football tops, the lot. Last week topped it though, junkie tried to sell me shower gel and chicken wings.

Because I'm now situated in the scummiest part of Aberdeen, I constantly have junkies coming in to try and sell stuff; shoes, laptops, phones, fake football tops, the lot. Last week topped it though, junkie tried to sell me shower gel and chicken wings.

Were they by now tepid chicken wings from a nearby takeaway, or a packet of frozen chicken wings?

Had to decline a punter's bet at the start of last season because he wanted Man City to win the league, Burnley to be relegated and Aguero to finish top goalscorer because it was a related bet. Tears and snotters everyfuckingwhere; "I pay your wages" etc. He took my name to report me to customer services, claiming he would not only complain about me, but he would also get his bet placed as a free bet.

Customer relations phoned me an hour later to tell me I was right to not take the bet, and that no such free bet had been rewarded. Pleasing.

Have you got the guys number?

Were they by now tepid chicken wings from a nearby takeaway, or a packet of frozen chicken wings?

I don't know, they were both in a carrier bag and I had zero interest in buying either of them.

Couple of years ago a customer went a bit mental at me 'cos neither my team member nor I would take his complaint about his holiday seriously. Started cursing and swearing and threatening a Social Media vandetta because I didn't offer any financial compensation.

The complaint? The fish in the sushi restaurant at his hotel was raw.

Archived