Rangers vs Morton, 12th December

We cant really see anything of the away fans from GF7 but you could certainly hear em on Saturday.

Any suggestion as to where the glass bottle was thrown into the Morton fans from, (down from the Broomloan Rear or Govan Rear?) and has it been recorded in either the Head Steward or Police Match Report? Surely one of their team must have witnessed this, or at least heard/seen it smash!?

From our view it came from the right towards the goal, I only really saw it on the way down but I would have said it came from the lower tier. Hard to say.

The smashed bottle was presented to police on the day but I think from a poster on the Morton forum it's been reported to police Scotland and Morton have confirmed they've contacted Rangers security as well.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a definite hint of offside for Rangers equaliser - not by the scorer but number 14 is standing right next to the Morton keeper in an offside position and given how close he is to Adam, surely he is interfering with play?

There is a definite hint of offside for Rangers equaliser - not by the scorer but number 14 is standing right next to the Morton keeper in an offside position and given how close he is to Adam, surely he is interfering with play?

That's a fair shout, actually - though I must admit I hadn't noticed it till I read your post, and even then I had to look at the clip a couple of times.

Never mind, it's more than outweighed by Stef's absolute cracker of a goal.

And also by Tavernier's absolute howler. :thumsup2

Both things of exquisite beauty.

Was about to post this when I read your post.

I can't see how he can be seen to be doing anything other than interfering with play given his proximity to the 'keeper? What do you expect at Ibrox though?

From our view it came from the right towards the goal, I only really saw it on the way down but I would have said it came from the lower tier. Hard to say.

The smashed bottle was presented to police on the day but I think from a poster on the Morton forum it's been reported to police Scotland and Morton have confirmed they've contacted Rangers security as well.

If it was thrown from the Broomloan, lower deck, can't believe the polis or the stewards wouldn't have seen that!? If that had happened where we sit, the perpetrator would have been pointed out immediately by those around them. No question!

Just to add, If I get tickets for occasional Bears for home games in the Broomloan front, they'll tell you that opposing fans will spend the whole 90 mins noising up the Rangers support, especially over the last 3 years. Don't pretend that you're all angels. Standing on seats and giving it the full GIRFUY ya dirty OB's, the hordes from Greenock and the Port are no different from when their Big team aren't playing.

Doesn't excuse anything on either side, Just watch the game eh!

If it was thrown from the Broomloan, lower deck, can't believe the polis or the stewards wouldn't have seen that!? If that had happened where we sit, the perpetrator would have been pointed out immediately by those around them. No question!

Just to add, If I get tickets for occasional Bears for home games in the Broomloan front, they'll tell you that opposing fans will spend the whole 90 mins noising up the Rangers support, especially over the last 3 years. Don't pretend that you're all angels. Standing on seats and giving it the full GIRFUY ya dirty OB's, the hordes from Greenock and the Port are no different from when their Big team are playing at Ibrox.

Doesn't excuse anything on either side, Just watch the game eh!

Don't pretend that you're all angels. Standing on seats and giving it the full GIRFUY ya dirty OB's, the hordes from Greenock and the Port are no different from when their Big team aren't playing.

Ah that's it. This is all about people who really support Celtic.

Such an OF based outlook is depressing as Hell.

Supports noise each other up. And up and down the country, they can do so without stuff getting chucked at them.

Just make sure you don't do it at Ibrox when shit is hitting the fan.

I must be blind, I honestly don't see the level of seethe on here as an away supporter visiting Ibrox. Posted after the opener last season, had a good pint and a chat with two Hearts fans in the Stadium Louden no problem at all!!

ETA, don't remember any hassle for the few Motherwell fans who were in the Bellrock PRW before the play off first leg, we walked up together, all good lads no problem.

I must be blind, I honestly don't see the level of seethe on here as an away supporter visiting Ibrox. Posted after the opener last season, had a good pint and a chat with two Hearts fans in the Stadium Louden no problem at all!!

No doubt you're a decent football fan who can be civilised then. But you totally discredit yourself with this 'big team' pish and thinking away fans goading the brain trust opposite us ranks anywhere near losing the plot so much they'd throw stuff with intent to harm.

We're going round in circles with this anyway. How about the controversial equaliser? Didn't see it from the away section but replays definitely suggest offside. Denied a good win maybe.

No doubt you're a decent football fan who can be civilised then. But you totally discredit yourself with this 'big team' pish and thinking away fans goading the brain trust opposite us ranks anywhere near losing the plot so much they'd throw stuff with intent to harm.

We're going round in circles with this anyway. How about the controversial equaliser? Didn't see it from the away section but replays definitely suggest offside. Denied a good win maybe.

We'll get some this year, so will you, aye it could have gone either way.

. How about the controversial equaliser? Didn't see it from the away section but replays definitely suggest offside. Denied a good win maybe.

At the end I thought wee Samuel was gonna get a winner but had a shitey touch when through on goal but, just before he got to it, Generic Orc Defender #4 had a good grab of his shirt and his shoulder. Certain sending off and possible penalty. Was wondering if it wasn't given for 'advantage' but if being pulled back caused the shitey touch where's the advantage?

To nacho king - just seen your nonsense on the Morton board.

What in hell makes you think I believed what that cretin wrote? Never even read it! Simply asked what it had to do with football. Got that?

Whether you like what I post or not I couldn't give a crap - but try reading posts with your personal prejudices set aside for a change. Accusing someone of making an erse of something on here, while on the very next page on the Morton board you're the posturing trumpet talking about the club "showing contempt for the fans" because they took the perfectly sensible step of making it clear that they were not in any way associated with a contentious Facebook page. Pots and kettles, eh?

Feckin' idiot.

Tsk, tsk.

:lol: Heads gone

Yours? Yes, we know that. Just pointing out the error of someone's ways - much as several of us did with you on this very thread.

Never mind, bennett will be along soon - another day, another greenie. Kiss-kiss. :P

PS - it's "head's gone". "HEAD'S". Not "heads". Here to help!

To nacho king - just seen your nonsense on the Morton board.

What in hell makes you think I believed what that cretin wrote? Never even read it! Simply asked what it had to do with football. Got that?

Whether you like what I post or not I couldn't give a crap - but try reading posts with your personal prejudices set aside for a change. Accusing someone of making an erse of something on here, while on the very next page on the Morton board you're the posturing trumpet talking about the club "showing contempt for the fans" because they took the perfectly sensible step of making it clear that they were not in any way associated with a contentious Facebook page. Pots and kettles, eh?

Feckin' idiot.

Tsk, tsk.

Let it all out, there's a good lad.

I just read the thread on the GreenockMorton,org, even your own fans think you are a simpleton. They are correct, you did lap it up, that much was plain for anyone to see.

err, nobody who expresses opinions in a forthright way will be liked by everybody else, and from the huge number of posters (four, I think?) who said anything against me there are none whose opinion made me lose a single wink of sleep last night. Incidentally only one of 'em was directly critical of what I've posted on this thread, the rest didn't even mention it and for all I know haven't even read it. So I think I'll survive.

By the way, none of them referred to me as a simpleton, and I don't actually think any of them would. That's more the territory of you and your oppo on here. You two booked a room yet? ;):ass

Archived