St.Andrews Utd

BigFifer

Saints were in a bad way today numerically, really need to get things sorted out before much longer.

They started very aggressively in the match before things settled down a wee bit.

No bad plan for them really, jist didnae work out on the day, good luck to the boys though liked the cut oh their jib.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your almost spot on gogsy the new utds assistant manager got on for the last 10 mins so we had 3 subs . The match was pretty much over after 5 mins when dobie was sent off its tough enough against kelty with 11 ever mind 10 players !! For the players not making their selfs available is pretty poor these boys are paid to play football for the club if u want out then play and get attention instead of acting like little babies! I would like to think mackie,mcmullan and sibanda are in the same mind set of Ricky Patrick but I might be wrong . You highlight a lot of good points in your last post gaffer44

I wasn't able to attend the game due to sickness.

I heard the sending of was a shambles once again decisions going against this group of players.

Holden with Buchan were sick but with other players having work commitments were there to support there team mates so credit to them.

The defeat was always expected after the circus that's been St Andrews for the previous 10 days.

Sorry mate, you may have picked up my post incorrectly. I never said I thought that McGuire should be sacked?! I don't want to see any Manager sacked let alone a young Manager who was obviously trying to enhance the Junior game!

I agree that St. Andrews and McGuire did well to get promoted last season! Yes they had 4 players when he came in and yes they were apparently building a "community club" but that only means anything if they are winning!

They won promotion and had a full pre season to recruit better players etc and they didn't! Of course the SL is a tight league and they have lost the odd game by a goal here and there but they have 12/13 points from 14 games and are -14 goal difference. We're no talking a free flowing team here!

As for the Manager's talk column,nonsense! When they won it was down to the training and tactics and when they lost it was down to dodgy FK's and work commitment's. Every Junior Team in the league has problems with work commitments.

Even in the Interview in the sun last week apparently Phil only heard through Social Media that he had been sacked? I find that highly unbelievable that a club that size, who according to Phil "we're building a club for the future on and off the park" with a Secretary as experienced as Mark Johnson didn't tell the Manager that he had been sacked?

As for the players, the players that are saying they want to leave, I would be the same, if my Manager who signed me, never blamed me when we lost and were 2nd bottom of the league got sacked then I would too want to leave as well!! Let's wait and see who is on the transfer list and let's see who bids for them? I will argue that they will be mediocre player's that will have the same 2/3 teams after them who are desperate for players and can pay a bit of money!!

Other than Ricky Patrick please tell me 1 player who is currently at St. Andrews for the love of the club? All players are there for and that's the culture they have created!

Some things that you have written here Gaffer is a little better as your first post more or less dissects the faults which you think that the St Andrews manager had. You never said that would thought he should be sacked, however, in other areas you seem to be in agreement with the decision.

As for the manager not blaming players when we lost i find amusing to say the least. Do you know what goes on in the changing room at half time and full time? Catch yourself on, you have not got a clue. Anyway, I will ask you, why as Forfar West End manager why you have such an interest in coming on here and trying to say this and that. Surely you should be concentrating on your own house and trying to keep them in the premier league? I do believe that the Boy McGuire got the job ahead of yourself?

I do find it pretty funny that you also mention budgets etc again, you know nothing........ also those mediocre players would waltz into your team.... mind you, you'll be the type who would say "I wouldn't have them"........

McGuire also found out on facebook about his sacking.

This Big Club St Andrews? they have been in the superleague 3 times and relegated 3 times... hardly a "BIG" club. Well run (maybe) but certainly not a big boy

Av wasted enough time on this so I wish you well for the season.

I find the statements bizarre regarding the players. The committee as mentioned previously expect the club to finish top 6 some posters on here say there the worst team in the super league then yourself gaffer 44 has said that the players are mediocre . Football got to love it opinions are what makes the game so special.

If gold dust is correct wasn't you're name in the running for the job after McGuire departure?

Well yesterday at Kelty I was speaking to Santa at the side of the park and asked him for a few gifts, his response to me was "Listen son, I do give out presents, but the state that your clubs in just now I don't do miracles"........ fair enough big guy.....

However, the ref proved to be Santa Claus yesterday with a ridiculous red card in the first 5 minutes which ruined what I think would have been a good game. Fair play to the St Andrews lads for battling away and trying to show some grace on the park. I did see an assistant there yesterday, but it was not Billy Bugerseed as previously suggested... Billy Lamond I think?

I really do hope the club sorts itself out sooner rather than later as I heard a few players saying yesterday that lots of different stories getting dotted about regarding McGuires departure.... Poor stuff in this day and age

He's a right back/centre half. Was at east fife as a youngster, played cpl of games on loan at Oakley when I was there, before spells at kennoway star hearts and think possibly Glenrothes (although not 100% sure on that one) he's been playing back in the amateur league this year, not sure who with but might've been leven if boom has took him. Someone else might know better though.

He's a right back/centre half. Was at east fife as a youngster, played cpl of games on loan at Oakley when I was there, before spells at kennoway star hearts and think possibly Glenrothes (although not 100% sure on that one) he's been playing back in the amateur league this year, not sure who with but might've been leven if boom has took him. Someone else might know better though.

Was at kennoway and got released last year from his contract, went to kettle amateurs , not good enough for north league IMO .so won't cut it in the super league

Was at kennoway and got released last year from his contract, went to kettle amateurs , not good enough for north league IMO .so won't cut it in the super league

If I'm right, I'm sure a lot of his problems come down to attitude/commitment at times. Haven't saw him enough myself to have judgement so you'll know more than me. Big ask for him to play every week in super league though.

i agree sean's a good young player but not good enough to play week in and week out at super league.

Archived