Aberdeen v Heart of Midlothian

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From your response you would have thought that I suggested Hearts could finish second in La Liga.

It's pishy Scottish football, full of pish inconsistent teams. St. Johnstone could even finish second.

Aye ok! Out of all the teams I have seen this season at Pittodrie only Dundee United were worse. I fully expect Hearts to drop down the table soon. Top 6 finish would be an achievement for the jambos.

Hearts' number 4 is an absolutely donkey.

Fits in well there.

He won absolutely everything that came near him and dealt with dangerous balls across the box. The only thing that let him down was his distribution was too direct at times. What exactly makes him a donkey?

He won absolutely everything that came near him and dealt with dangerous balls across the box. The only thing that let him down was his distribution was too direct at times. What exactly makes him a donkey?

Swinging his leg at the ball whenever it came near him - a donkey.

Absolutely dreadful performance up until the hour mark, after which it transitioned to merely being a quite shit performance. Aberdeen deserved to win. They looked much more up for it and pressed us all over the pitch for an hour. After that it was pretty even and we had a few opportunities of our own with Aberdeen looking pretty tired and stuck for ideas. Then came probably the most inexplicably stupid thing I've seen a Hearts player do.

Yet again in a game against a decent side we looked timid and pretty gutless frankly. As much as I think we've got a decent squad we seem to lack leaders and big game players who'll try to take the game by the scruff of the neck, Jamie Walker is the only player who I think fits this description and we miss him when he doesn't play. Hayes was a perfect example of that today for Aberdeen - he was excellent for the first hour.

Zero positives to take from that. Grim.

Oh and as much as the Aberdeen fans talking about us being one of the worst teams in the league and saying "player x is a donkey" are demonstrably talking shite, it's difficult to blame them after the two embarrassing performances we've put in against them this season.

Oh and as much as the Aberdeen fans talking about us being one of the worst teams in the league and saying "player x is a donkey" are demonstrably talking shite, it's difficult to blame them after the two embarrassing performances we've put in against them this season.

Well, it's not difficult to blame them in the case of Augustyn as he had a good game.

Agree with the rest though,you can't turn in performances as poor as that in big games. Annoying thing is,when we did venture forward we caused them problems, why are we so cautious in games that matter to us when our strength is in attacking?

Another thing I'd say is about Juanma. He really needs to toughen up and start showing a bit fight. Our service to him was abysmal at times but there's no excuse for not battling and giving 100%. Annoying as you know he has he ability, just wish he'd show the heart to match it.

And yet we had to give you a penalty for you to score

Hard to score against a team who get that many players behind the ball and constantly foul you, disrupting your slick passing play.

You'd think that would be reflected in the league table, wouldn't you?

You obviously are half decent against some other teams but you have been woeful both times you've played against the Dons this season.

Delighted with that result.

After the opening couple of minutes, we settled into the game and didn't really have to bust a gut to be the superior team for the remainder of the half. Flood and Shinnie controlled the game in the centre of the park, with McLean and especially Hayes looking likely to create an opening when they did receive the ball (and weren't immediately scythed to the deck). Having said that, we didn't manage to create too many clear-cut chances, though my first instinct was that Considine should have scored from his free header. We were perhaps missing McGinn for a little bit of individual spark or incisiveness to drive home our territorial advantage.

We weren't as dominant in the second half, but I still thought that we were the better team. Jack imposed himself reasonably well given that it was his first appearance in several weeks, and Shinnie and Considine adjusted easily to their positional switches. I'll maybe have to see it a second time to offer a fair appraisal, but I thought Rooney's miss was a real sitter - and, given the way the game started to go, I thought it might prove costly. Ward, when called upon, has made another terrific save. I've watched back the clip of McGhee's handball about four or five times now, and I still can't quite fathom what he was thinking about. It looked like we might be starting to run slightly dry on ideas and that the game would peter out, so I'm delighted that he decided to do it. Thankfully, Rooney made amends for his earlier miss and converted the penalty.

Given what I'd read about Hearts on here and across other forums prior to this game, I was underwhelmed by what I witnessed. I can understand to some extent why Neilson might have thought that kicking our players off the park would be a fruitful strategy, and I suppose it should be taken as a compliment in some regards, but I thought Hearts were more effective on the rare occasions in the second half that they decided to venture forward, play some football and ask one or two questions of our defence. Hearts certainly aren't the worst team I've seen at Pittodrie so far this year, but they are the dirtiest.

As a footnote, I was delighted by Shay Logan's performance today. He's been on the receiving end of some criticism in recent weeks and months, so it was great to see him looking back to his best. His tackle on Nicholson was tremendous. I couldn't begrudge Hayes of the MOTM award, but Logan certainly staked a good case.

Well, it's not difficult to blame them in the case of Augustyn as he had a good game.

Never trust the opinion of anyone who refers to a player simply by their number.

Never trust the opinion of anyone who refers to a player simply by their number.

You're right, I should know the names of all the talentless foreigners that slosh their way through the club every season.

Archived