Dundee Utd vs Partick Thistle

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My first trip to Tannadice in about 12 years. Pretty poor game, and I think we gave United too much respect. They were absolutely rubbish and barring a flurry at the end and mistakes of our own rather than their quality they never had a clear chance in the game.

I thought today if they beat us it would be the catalyst to change their season, but its play-offs at best now and I don't see a win against Hibs or Rangers. Every single one of those weans McNamara signed is shit.

Thought, Booth, Lawless and Cerny were brilliant. Cerny didn't have any particularly great saves, but his command of his area, controlled every shot at him, and some good timewasting tactics at the end.

I'm not the biggest fan of Dools, ability wise, but what a legend. Hes like Kenny Arthur in a way, has his poor games every now and then, Lambie tried several keepers, Bud, Garry Gow etc but always went back to Kenny. Archie has done the same, Taylor, Pogba, Craig etc but always goes back to Dools. Guess some guys are just suited to some clubs. Legend.

Still need a couple of signings in January. Someone to replace Muirhead. Amoo was gash today and any joy United seem to have was down his side. Had a couple of good games at Firhill, but today was absolute mince from him. A bit of pace up front would be nice to change it up from Doolan. Good thing is, we've got a good gap on United before they inevitably take out a crisis loan on some heavy hitters.

What a load of shite from United, looks like McGowan, McKay and Rankin are the only ones that care. Gunning and Durnan are not the answer to our defence problems, Souttar is a waste of fucking time hope we get rid of him in January! Spittal and Telfer look so weak, Erskine was much better when coming on and will help us massively when back to full fitness. Would help if someone else can get in the box other than just McKay. Some of Mixu decisions are questionable Durnan, Souttar, Spittal should be dropped! Don't see how Fraser isn't playing, was our best player when Jackie was here at start of the season! Need to 100% scrap the passing out from the back cause teams know how to stop it

If we had Jan-Apr 2014 Higgy in this team instead of Amoo, we'd be smashing.

Nearly half a season in and I'm still not convinced by Amoo, hopefully a decent Muirhead replacement is brought in during January and Amoo is relegated to being an impact sub.

It's a pity Pongolle went off today. No idea if he's any good or not, but there's definitely a decent 'Cigarettes and Alcohol' based song in there.

Is it my imagination,

Or did that guy actually once play for Liverpool?

Well I guess it's Relegation

Now we've signed thon Florent Sinama Pongolle

Do PTFC fans have a song for Doolan?

I'd like to suggest something to the tune of Da Doo Ron Ron.

I suggested that a while back...

DOOLAN! Is a great chant but I agree with the sentiment of your post.

Not even a belated birthday message today :(

I suggested that 6 years ago :(

Archived