Hibs v Falkirk

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^ seething cause the media hate the baldy Hearts p***k Houston.

They don't hate him mate, he's just a shite manager that's done nothing relative in his footballing or managerial career except being Harry Potters bitch.

Sure is - we won it the year before his birth. I was just pointing out Hibs history in the past 100 years is absolutely tragic.

Is that including our 6 major honours including 3 top league championships yeah? Tragic in comparison with "housties" honours won or falkirks incidentally? Or even Alan Stubbs honours against Falkirk as a club?

I would suggest that Houstons managerial record is better than Stubbs so far. Won the Scottish cup with DU and took us to a Scottish cup final beating Hibs on the way, a club with a far bigger budget than ours. Stubbs so far has had one pretty poor season with hibs where they ended up a country mile behind Hearts and lost out to us in the cup semi.So far this season their running in 2nd place behind Sevco which is exactly where you'd expect them to be. He's hardly exactly overachieving.

I would suggest that Houstons managerial record is better than Stubbs so far. Won the Scottish cup with DU and took us to a Scottish cup final beating Hibs on the way, a club with a far bigger budget than ours. Stubbs so far has had one pretty poor season with hibs where they ended up a country mile behind Hearts and lost out to us in the cup semi.So far this season their running in 2nd place behind Sevco which is exactly where you'd expect them to be. He's hardly exactly overachieving.

:lol:

Just the 14 wins and a draw in our last 15 games.

Last season we did overachieve actually, finishing 2nd in a league the bookies made us the 3rd best team in, and now we have a reasonable chance of winning it this year.

Carry on though.

Stubbs has been a manager for 1 and a half seasons :lol:

How long does it usually take Hibs to boot them?

Pretty sure 18months is the average shelf life of the last 10 managers.

He will be booted anyway if Hibs aren't playing Premiership football this Summer.

How long does it usually take Hibs to boot them?

Pretty sure 18months is the average shelf life of the last 10 managers.

He will be booted anyway if Hibs aren't playing Premiership football this Summer.

We boot shite managers after about 18 months. Stubbs isn't a shite manager and he's assisted in turning the club around.

So at the start of last season you expected to end up 21 points behind Hearts? I'dve thought you'd have felt you could be a bit more competitive than that. Then pumped out the playoffs by the worst Sevco team ever, beaten in the cup semi by us and yet that's okay. This season he's basically doing what he's supposed to do. Beat the majority of teams that have vastly inferior budgets (barring a loss to Dumbarton) and again is lying in 2nd place where I'd expect him to be . If he wins the league this year I'll understand what all the fuss is about but if they come second then he'll have hit par if you ask me.

You've got to admire the Hibs fans.

They're loving the fact that even though they have a top 6 Premiership budget and pay top 6 Premiership wages, they sit 14th in the pecking order.

The guy who is achieving this is a hero.

Is their a single team below Hibs who shouldn't be?

Their's about 8 teams above you who should never be.

So at the start of last season you expected to end up 21 points behind Hearts? I'dve thought you'd have felt you could be a bit more competitive than that. Then pumped out the playoffs by the worst Sevco team ever, beaten in the cup semi by us and yet that's okay. This season he's basically doing what he's supposed to do. Beat the majority of teams that have vastly inferior budgets (barring a loss to Dumbarton) and again is lying in 2nd place where I'd expect him to be . If he wins the league this year I'll understand what all the fuss is about but if they come second then he'll have hit par if you ask me.

Why would you have expected us to be more competitive? We got shambolicly relegated and now have around 3 players from that squad that went down? We had a whole squad and and basically a whole new club to build, as well as new manager who had no idea what was ahead. Hearts had the majority of their squad playing together before the end of the previous season and a manager and director of football sounded out well before the previous season concluded. We were miles behind hearts and rangers when we sacked Butcher. Again Stubbs has exceeded expectations in comparison to the previous managers of the last 5 years.

You've got to admire the Hibs fans.

They're loving the fact that even though they have a top 6 Premiership budget and pay top 6 Premiership wages, they sit 14th in the pecking order.

The guy who is achieving this is a hero.

Is their a single team below Hibs who shouldn't be?

Their's about 8 teams above you who should never be.

:lol: shut up Gavin. We are better than a lot of clubs in the division above us now. We can't just leapfrog them by magic though, we have to win a league against a club dwarfing the amount we have to spend.

If your expectations were to lose to Falkirk in a Scottish cup semi then you really have lost it. Lets face it by the time you faced us and then Sevco in the playoffs Stubbs should've got his and the teams act together but instead you failed to win either fixture. Add to that defeats during the league season to us (twice), QOS (twice), Raith and lowly Alloa and you say he overachieved. Come on.

Archived