New Forth Road Bridge - Open/Closed still shit

D.A.F.C

Quite a few bad decisions made to save costs on the bridge that doesnt help.
Could they not have made another lane for rescues?
Ice sensors seems a no brainer also.

The entire edinburgh car experience is a nightmare and they wasted millions on a pointless tram project. Ok to take billions from drivers in tax but provide zero ways of overcoming traffic jams. Every day its jammed from city centre to fife. Provide an alternative.

Quite a few bad decisions made to save costs on the bridge that doesnt help.
Could they not have made another lane for rescues?
Ice sensors seems a no brainer also.

The entire edinburgh car experience is a nightmare and they wasted millions on a pointless tram project. Ok to take billions from drivers in tax but provide zero ways of overcoming traffic jams. Every day its jammed from city centre to fife. Provide an alternative.

Most contributions to these kind of threads boil down to. “All this transport spending is a colossal waste of tax payers money except for the bits of transport infrastructure I personally use which are desperately underfunded”

There's regular gridlock around my bit of the city centre because they're renovating a bridge over the west approach road and the gas mains further west

This may be annoying to some but at least I know that my gas cooker will continue  to work, I won't die in a gas explosion and the pavement beneath my feet won't dissappear when I'm crossing the bridge on the way home from the pub.

Not only that

As I walk to work it makes stationary traffic makes it easier to cross the road and saves me several seconds off my commute every day

Well done Edinburgh Council

Traffic is bad also no cost and time effective solution to driving a car for most people. Also road tax is an easy return when you spend f**k all on the roads.

Its all short term idiotic thinking and it’s not just the snp or anyone particularly to blame.

If people had viable public transport alternatives they would use them but they’re rubbish as well.