New Forth Road Bridge - Open/Closed still shit

D.A.F.C

33 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

From a distance I like the new bridge. Up close it's an ugly thing and the wind barriers prevent your view of the Forth and add to the feeling that it's badly designed.

The snagging stuff like this is annoying but anyone who works in construction/engineering will be pretty familiar with this sort of thing. It's sadly the norm for big construction projects.

None of the extra work will cost the taxpayer a penny either.

The government took huge pride in its completion and it was cited on threads on here as a symbol of the competency of the SNP so if they’re going to lap up the adulation when it goes well then then can take the flak when it’s a disaster.

Lay off the roids you utter simpleton.

It's closed in one direction for a few days. "Disaster" [emoji38]

2 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

The government took huge pride in its completion and it was cited on threads on here as a symbol of the competency of the SNP so if they’re going to lap up the adulation when it goes well then then can take the flak when it’s a disaster.

Totally agree.

There certainly hasn't been a disaster though, unless I'm mistaken?

The part that let it be opened despite everyone involved knowing that it wasn’t finished, in order that maximum political capital could be extracted from it. And the part that means it will have resurfacing Work ongoing for the next 10 months despite it only being launched a matter of weeks ago.

Do you use it? I do. And it’ll not affect me in the slightest.

‘Political Capital’ [emoji23] The Tories and p***ks like you are doing the exact same by saying shite like that.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a bit pish though. Big fanfare. Look brand new bridge is open. Didn't we do well?? Isn't it just grand? Pats on the back all round. 

Oh look we've to shut it for a few days :lol:  

6 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

How is it pish? Seriously?

Oh I didn't say it was serious. Simmer down. 

Since you asked, opened only so they could say it was opened. Royal visit, big fanfare etc, etc. The fact that it was not ready was irrelevant. Apparently. Never mind though eh? :lol: 

17 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

Since you asked, opened only so they could say it was opened. Royal visit, big fanfare etc, etc. The fact that it was not ready was irrelevant. Apparently. Never mind though eh? :lol: 

They were a bit quick of the  mark right enough Bob.

unfinished-bridge-discontinuity-interruption-d8cf8p.jpg

I’m sorry but how was it not ready? If it wasn’t ready then why has everyone been using it every day since it was opened?

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I’m sorry but how was it not ready? If it wasn’t ready then why has everyone been using it every day since it was opened?

Now who is taking it seriously? :) 

I shall rename you 'Bridge Defender Guy'.  

Now who is taking it seriously? [emoji4]  I shall rename you 'Bridge Defender Guy'.  

You’ve misinterpreted my use of that word. Maybe really would’ve been more appropriate.

And I’m not taking it seriously, I just find it mental that people are having such a pop over this.

If a triple team of Doug Ross, Ruthie and Kirstene Hair had opened this thing and the same thing had happened I wouldn’t have even had it in me to try have a go at the fuckers for it.