New Forth Road Bridge - Open/Closed still shit

D.A.F.C

Would four weeks be long enough for the entire population of the country to continuously dig until 'The Kingdom' became detached from the civilised landmass and drifted off into the North Sea? Between this opportunity barring their escape route and towing Ireland out into the middle of the Atlantic, things might become more civilised in the neighbourhood.

Problem solved.

I travel a fair bit across Scotland and religiously used kincardine as my route through to Glasgow, so slightly pissed off that everyman and his dog are now tapping into this now.

Worked from home today, blazed through a packet of hob nobs and doing nothing of note on the work front.

'Road deck could have fallen a 'minimum' of 15cm'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-35007187

Edit to add from above link: "fatigue and over-loading over the course of the bridge's 50-year lifespan" had led to the "shear failure" at the bottom of the truss - in other words the steel of the link fractured and became detached from the rest of the load-bearing structure"

Edited by FlyerTon

I travel a fair bit across Scotland and religiously used kincardine as my route through to Glasgow, so slightly pissed off that everyman and his dog are now tapping into this now.

Worked from home today, blazed through a packet of hob nobs and doing nothing of note on the work front.

My working from home was similar. Worked on a report for an hour, then gave up. Rest of the day was your standard Saturday. Put our Christmas tree and decorations up too for something to do. Thank you taxpayers. Edited by Scary Bear

My working from home was similar. Worked on a report for an hour, then gave up. Rest of the day was your standard Saturday. Put our Christmas tree and decorations up too for something to do. Thank you taxpayers.

I'm genuinely a waste of a wage when working from home.

Previous stints have seen me chew through a season of house of cards.

I'm going too look at a bit of a back shift for whenever I need to venture West. Looks like kincardine eased off about 19:30 tonight which is not too bad.

Edited by mojito

If this is metal fatigue cracks occurring at key load bearing sections of the Forth Road Bridge, what is the future of the bridge when the new Queensferry Crossing opens next year?

Could the Forth Road Bridge be mothballed?

Edited by FlyerTon