New Forth Road Bridge - Open/Closed still shit

D.A.F.C

Commuters being advised to use public transport to get to work.

Scotrail advising that travel can't be guaranteed and that passengers should 'make their own arrangements'.

:huh:

I smell a sacking! Good. The voice of that new SNP Transport Minister really gets on my nerves.

I didn't realise the bridge maintenance had been privatised (Amey) until I googled it. What happened to FETA or whatever they were called? All TUPEd across?

I didn't realise the bridge maintenance had been privatised (Amey) until I googled it. What happened to FETA or whatever they were called? All TUPEd across?

I wasn't aware of that either. Did find this story but doesn't really cover it in a lot of detail:

http://www.scotsman.com/news/transport/forth-bridge-veterans-quit-over-private-contract-1-3866307

The SNP are? That's very generous of them. I thought it was the taxpayer.

So then going by your logic, they privatised the maintenance of the bridge saving the taxpayer money? Swings and roundabouts, either way it evens itself out.

In one of m previous jobs a lot of my colleagues commuted over from Fife. They generally either came in very early, to get to the office by 7-7:30 or later to arrive by 10 and work later. Driving over the bridge in rush hour is a nightmare.