New Forth Road Bridge - Open/Closed still shit

D.A.F.C

8 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

The wife's uncle worked on the construction of that. Being a Dundonian, he was a raging alcoholic and turned up for work most days blind drunk. He fell off it three times in two years and was fired after the last time for losing a tool in the Tay.

Not surprised he lost his tool, the Tay is bloody cold!

By the way parts of the Tay Bridge form the fence round the pitch at Dundee North End.

13 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

A hale and hearty get fucked to everyone spilling over onto my normal commute today and doubling it.

‘Work from home’ mate! It’s the future!

I answered a couple of e-mails yesterday, set up a meeting and watch 6 episodes of Home on 4OD. Productive day.

30 minutes ago, Mastermind said:

Our flagship bridge (and the big one next to it) still sitting empty this morning. What a minter.

Can’t put a price on health & safety mate. 

...if it saves just one life, or smashed windscreen or something.

13 hours ago, oaksoft said:

First time this bridge has been shut since it opened.

Cannot believe people are criticising the SNP over this.

As much as I agree with the sentiment some Unionists absolutely love for anything to throw the SNP under a bus for.

I've seen folk online blame the SNP for stuff that wasn't there doing they're so into the game.

It seems to be a coping mechanism for Unionists and does make me wonder if and when anything goes wrong in an independent Scotland what these tossers will be like.

10 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

As much as I agree with the sentiment some Unionists absolutely love for anything to throw the SNP under a bus for.

I've seen folk online blame the SNP for stuff that wasn't there doing they're so into the game.

It seems to be a coping mechanism for Unionists and does make me wonder if and when anything goes wrong in an independent Scotland what these tossers will be like.

When cracks appeared on the Forth Road Bridge a few years ago, and it was projected it would be shut for months, several Unionists I know claimed that there was nothing wrong with the bridge, that the cracks had been photoshopped so the SNP government could 'pretend to' repair the bridge ahead of schedule (it reopened mid-December) and claim that they had 'saved Christmas'.