New Forth Road Bridge - Open/Closed still shit

D.A.F.C

11 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

He was Welsh.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Bouch

Born by Carlisle and raised / worked across northern England before moving to Scotland where he eventually died. 

Other than that, aye, Welsh.

Edited by Hedgecutter

• 4 weeks later...

Had a run over the old bridge this morning. Remembered how bad my vertigo is so decided it was a shite idea but kept going. Felt rebellious running across the empty dual carriageway at the end to run back over the footpath on the other side. Counted 2 taxis and 3 buses with a combined total of 6 passengers, plus a few maintenance vans. Feels a slightly underused resource.

F8513256-5C70-4CE0-928A-07194E2633DF.jpeg

Edited by Shandon Par

9 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Had a run over the old bridge this morning. Remembered how bad my vertigo is so decided it was a shite idea but kept going. Felt rebellious running across the empty dual carriageway at the end to run back over the footpath on the other side. Counted 2 taxis and 3 buses with a combined total of 6 passengers, plus a few maintenance vans. Feels a slightly underused resource.

Vertigo is a problem with your inner ear, i think the word you meant is acrophobia.

Sorry for being pedantic.

5 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

I tried walking across it when I was 14, utterly shiting it walking past the towers, couldn't look up.

I got blown over whilst walking across it as a toddler.  Still got the scar on my chin to remind me about the day I was picked up like an empty crisp packet and almost dropped over the edge into the black Forth below.

So the tale goes anyway.

On 9/9/2018 at 08:32, Shandon Par said:

I think a lot of the buses, outwith peak hours, boost over the Queensferry Crossing as it's quicker especially with the 70 mph limit.

32 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

What's the betting they demolish that bridge in the next 5 years citing "lack of use"?

I wish they would, it's clearly passed its sell by date. We shouldn't follow the Genoan example of spending billions on shoddy repairs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...