New Forth Road Bridge - Open/Closed still shit

D.A.F.C

I didn't go through Earl's Gate Roundabout (that's been an absolute c'nt since they stuck the lights in last year so I was already avoiding that)

Are you saying the traffic heading to Earl's Gate Roundabout was backed up to TFS !?

The traffic heading to Earl's Gate is usually backed up to the Westfield roundabout and onto the A9 bypass. Even without the bridge being shut. It's been like that for as long as I can remember and got even worse when they put the traffic lights onto the Earl's Gate roundabout.

:1eye

I live in the reality where you avoid a route that's pretty widely known to be busy as f**k.

The point you've missed yet again, is that I was telling Billy Dynamite he'd be fine crossing in the morning as its been fine in the morning all week.

For some reason you chose to take that route in the afternoon when it's rammed.

You were replying to two people in the post I quoted, you blithering idiot.

I don't even know why you've got your frilly's in a twist over this to be honest. It wasn't just me who thought your route home was strange. But now you're just making things up. Here's how the convo went just to help you out:

It would appear that I am an utter cretin.

Carry on - as you were.

As someone who's fairly qualified on this, you and your wife are idiots.

Use both lanes.

Ooh, where did you get your qualification as an idiot?

What 'qualification' is it ?

Grade A Kunt by the sounds of it.

Lol, my post was way more arsey than intended. Apologies P&B, I accept the well deserved abuse and accept my graduation from Kunt school! :bag

However, as has been pointed out, it really doesn't take a genius to figure out that restricting traffic to a single lane for distances far longer than required creates more traffic problems than necessary. It's a fucking pet hate of mine when you get the traffic vigilantes trying to enforce their own, entirely misguided, rules on other road users and sometimes creating unnecessary mayhem in the process!

Going from glenrothes to Glasgow tomorrow morning.

Ant fellow p&br's got any advice on what's the best way to go?

Did that journey this morning across Kincardine Bridge. Was pretty brutal tbh about 90 mins to get back here. Clacks bridge looked nose to tail the whole way.

Did that journey this morning across Kincardine Bridge. Was pretty brutal tbh about 90 mins to get back here. Clacks bridge looked nose to tail the whole way.

Thanks folks.

Held off until 10:00 and got over to Glasgow at 11:20, so not bad at all.

Got held up on the clacks bridge for about 5 minutes but nothing too bad.

Go to be in Glasgow for 9:00 next Tuesday though so will get the train instead.

Lol, my post was way more arsey than intended. Apologies P&B, I accept the well deserved abuse and accept my graduation from Kunt school! :bag

However, as has been pointed out, it really doesn't take a genius to figure out that restricting traffic to a single lane for distances far longer than required creates more traffic problems than necessary. It's a fucking pet hate of mine when you get the traffic vigilantes trying to enforce their own, entirely misguided, rules on other road users and sometimes creating unnecessary mayhem in the process!

FWIW - I crossed Clacks bridge earlier today, the traffic was tailed back but was moving slowly and the only time it stopped was when two c'nts (both in Range Rovers) nipped past everyone else and tried to squeeze in right at the fucking cones.

I've no idea why this is suddenly news, they've made it clear as day since closing the target was the return to work, which this year is the 4th of January.

They keep emphasising that it's weather dependant, which I can understand, but could also be seen as getting the excuses in early..