New Forth Road Bridge - Open/Closed still shit

D.A.F.C

A few years back I was sitting on the Black Sands beach at Aberdour. Two old boys wobbled down the hill and across the beach, heading towards the long grass. They'd clearly enjoyed a mainly liquid lunch. I caught a few snippets of conversation and they were "shall we go for one in the (something or other) bar in Musselburgh?" before they hauled a tiny boat out of the bushes, fired up the wee outboard motor and plotted a rough path between the oil tankers, ferries etc to their next watering hole across the Forth.

if this was a half decent country with double decker trains they could get twice the number of people across.

anyway if it is gubbed i would pay up to 50 quid for a ticket to sit in south queensferry and watch the RAF take it out.

This would be quite amusing, but unfortunate for the owners of a local restaurant who changed the name of their establishment from the 'Twa Bridges' to the 'Three Bridges'

Read elsewhere that a study showed that less than 30% of bridge traffic south is going to Edinburgh (despite Edinburgh Cooncil trying to spin the figures). Most traffic is going to Glasgow, Lothian, Central Belt or south so laying on buses and trains to Edinburgh City Centre isn't going to make a big difference.

To make matters worse they are now closing the A985 between Cairneyhill and the Longannet roundabout to cars. Traffic Scotland advising people travelling from Kirkcaldy to go up to the M90 to Kelty and back down. Em I don't think so...Ill divert at Cairneyhill through culross and along to longannet that way. In normal conditions google maps is telling me it will take 37 minutes to there, and another 33 to Livingston. We all know it'll take about 2 hours though! :lol::(

To make matters worse they are now closing the A985 between Cairneyhill and the Longannet roundabout to cars. Traffic Scotland advising people travelling from Kirkcaldy to go up to the M90 to Kelty and back down. Em I don't think so...Ill divert at Cairneyhill through culross and along to longannet that way. In normal conditions google maps is telling me it will take 37 minutes to there, and another 33 to Livingston. We all know it'll take about 2 hours though! :lol::(

Is the Kincardine bridge buses only?

Few folk on my Facebook feed saying that the Kincardine Bridge is for buses and HGVs only. Clackmannanshire Bridge is for cars. Not sure how true that is, though.

It's times like this I'm pretty thankful that I've got a commute that takes me about 20 minutes.

Few folk on my Facebook feed saying that the Kincardine Bridge is for buses and HGVs only. Clackmannanshire Bridge is for cars. Not sure how true that is, though.

It's times like this I'm pretty thankful that I've got a commute that takes me about 20 minutes.

https://trafficscotland.org/UploadedFiles/20151206215012305.pdf

That's the route for cars.

You'll then be sent up through Kincardine and back down onto the Clackmannanshire Bridge. The Kincardine Bridge is for buses, HGVs and locals.

I predict carnage at the Red Lion corner.

I used to work in Rosyth and nipped through Culross a few times on the way home due to roadworks etc. A good wee windy road that was nice a quiet on a good day but will be absolute chocka tomorrow. Good Luck though.

Thank f'ck I don't work there now ... and then there's the bridge closure :P

According to this diagram, the Kincardine bridge itself is in pink? Which suggests cars are allowed on it, just not between that roundabout and Cairneyhill? Suppose I'll just have to find out at that roundabout! :lol::(

Going to excersise my right to ask for flexible working I think. Compress my hours of work in another place over the festive period. Feck doing this for a month!

According to this diagram, the Kincardine bridge itself is in pink? Which suggests cars are allowed on it, just not between that roundabout and Cairneyhill? Suppose I'll just have to find out at that roundabout! :lol::(

It's only in pink because the base map has it in pink and TS haven't drawn on top of it. Look at the other unannotated A-roads.

There's another map that shows the Kincardine Bridge is a bus route.

https://trafficscotland.org/UploadedFiles/20151206215115642.pdf