New Forth Road Bridge - Open/Closed still shit

D.A.F.C

10 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Its still on a 40mph limit you bunch of moaning nuggets.

Reducing the speed limit will of course increase congestion but you all knew that already, didnt you.

Same as the Forth Road Bridge had for a year or so you mean?

Didn't see the same level of congestion then.

Its still on a 40mph limit you bunch of moaning nuggets.
Reducing the speed limit will of course increase congestion but you all knew that already, didnt you.

The other bridge was 40mph for ages and there wasn't the same levels of congestion unless there was a breakdown.

You'll need to have another guess.

3 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I'll wager that folk are adhering to the 40mph limit on this bridge.  CAnt remember seeing many folk doing 40mph on the old bridge.

My next guess is that all the Chinese steel in the new bridge has a magnetic field which can be switched on and off from the flick of a button in Beijing and this is slowing the traffic down.

You're having a laugh aren't you? 

Here's a list of all those that didn't stick to 40mph

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/380478/response/930912/attach/html/2/17 0080 Final Data.xlsx.html

17 0080 Final Data.xlsx.html

2 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Here's a list of all those that didn't stick to 40mph

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/380478/response/930912/attach/html/2/17 0080 Final Data.xlsx.html

17 0080 Final Data.xlsx.html

I'm not on that list and I definitely didn't stick to 40.

3 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

Speaking to somebody this morning who commutes to Hamilton from Glenrothes every day - he's been held up every journey by 2-3hrs and thinks it's the way the roads merge to access the bridge that's causing the problems. The 40mph limit is exacerbating the problem and there's no way traffic being tailed back to Halbeath on the Fife side at 7.30am on a Monday morning is anything to do with tourists.

Surely at the moment, with the FRB closed, there's no merging or splitting of traffic? As it stands, the access roads to the QF have simply replaced the original route to the FRB.

45 minutes ago, The Master said:

Surely at the moment, with the FRB closed, there's no merging or splitting of traffic? As it stands, the access roads to the QF have simply replaced the original route to the FRB.

Dunno, not been across it myself. Just a conversation I had this morning with someone who had.

4 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

commutes to Hamilton from Glenrothes

Ooooffffttttt!!!!!! :o Every day? f**k that. 

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Yes, just as much as having both bridges open would reduce it ;) 

2 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

Same as the Forth Road Bridge had for a year or so you mean?

Didn't see the same level of congestion then.

I'm probably being whooshed here but there weren't nearly as many cars on the road in 1964.

I'll wager that folk are adhering to the 40mph limit on this bridge.  CAnt remember seeing many folk doing 40mph on the old bridge.
My next guess is that all the Chinese steel in the new bridge has a magnetic field which can be switched on and off from the flick of a button in Beijing and this is slowing the traffic down.

Everyone has been doing 40mph on the old bridge for ages as there are average speed cameras.

The second guess is more likely.

Incidentally, when the Forth Road Bridge closes at the end of it's useful life, how are pedestrians and cyclists going to get across? Walk/cycle to the 80 year old Kincardine Bridge?

And traffic prohibited from motorways (learner drivers for one) once the new bridge becomes one?

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

1 hour ago, NewBornBairn said:

:lol: