New Forth Road Bridge - Open/Closed still shit

D.A.F.C

I can mind seeing film of the Tacoma Narrows Bridge* as a nipper- it made me feart whenever we went across the Forth Road Bridge

post-12982-0-18890000-1449189082.jpg

(*US suspension bridge. It used to sway in the wind due to resonance or something. Look up footage on youtube for a laugh)

Those of us in the west will probably remember the Erskine bridge was closed for about 3 weeks in August 1996 after it was hit by an oil rig.

Didn't re-open to HGV's until 22 Dec 1996.

Apparently the Erskine Bridge has a lifespan of 121 years (2092)

If the bridge is shut more than a day,i predict food riots and zombies roaming the streets of Kirkcaldy

That's hardly a prediction, that's like me saying I predict George street is gonna be full of c***s with beards and shit haircuts today.

I cannot comprehend the mindset of someone who would choose to live in Fife as well as making a hellish daily commute to Edinburgh. It's the worst of both worlds

Wait until you have kids. Then you'll comprehend it. Don't worry though, just like people on Death Row, you'll gradually accept your fate.

Who's the SNP(bad) transport minister??

Grrr.

He could probably do with being sacked. The c**t.

First task of the next one should be to sack the senior management who are currently 'looking after' the bridge. Personally, I'd shoot them.

Stalin had the right idea.

Edited by Scary Bear

Apparently the SNP allowed the bridge maintenance to be privatised. Cost cutting maybe to blame?

Certainly looks like a part of the bridge that's hard to get to never mind repair.

Seems a little bit churlish to complain about cost cutting when they're buying you a brand new bridge

Commuters being advised to use public transport to get to work.

Scotrail advising that travel can't be guaranteed and that passengers should 'make their own arrangements'.

:huh: