Talbot v Pollok.....canny wait

Dipple burn

Big game for you lads on Saturday with Talbot legends Bryan Slavin and Arnie Davidson bringing their Vegas team to the Slippery Sleeper Stadium.

Lol...yeah,again,weather permitting. Should be on though.I fancy a home win although many will disagree on league position. But we gave them a tankin' 5-0 in the Ardagh back in August,at Abbey Park.

Easy win for Talbot. Pollok are in a false position as they are a poor team (apart from D Winters) Mid table for them come the end of the season

IMO

I hope we don't make it a easy win for Talbot. Hopefully after not turning up last Saturday the players have learnt a lesson and preform.

Yes we are in a false position and I will taken mid table at end of season. But if we were to win our next 3 league games (highly unlikely thou) I don't see why we can't push on for a title challenge

#MTLN

Mon the Lok now

Love the ambition of some Pollok fans. Happy with a mid table finish? That attitude led to the disastrous appointment of Richardson and his hiring of the despicable Docherty. Those two are the main reason we were relegated. They sucked all the drive and determination out of the club resulting in the "safety is good enough" attitude. That is NOT acceptable. We dominated the first seven seasons of this league (4 titles and 3 top 3 finishes). Time to get that winning mentality back and assume our rightful position from the thumb counters (they stop at 1)

Love the ambition of some Pollok fans. Happy with a mid table finish? That attitude led to the disastrous appointment of Richardson and his hiring of the despicable Docherty. Those two are the main reason we were relegated. They sucked all the drive and determination out of the club resulting in the "safety is good enough" attitude. That is NOT acceptable. We dominated the first seven seasons of this league (4 titles and 3 top 3 finishes). Time to get that winning mentality back and assume our rightful position from the thumb counters (they stop at 1)

Pollok fans would be rightly happy with a mid table finish as they are realistic to where we have been for the last 4 seasons. £ seasons fighting relegation follow by finally being put out or misery.

A step in the right direction this season is maintaining out League status and not going to the last day of the season needing a win to survive. Giving Tony a team to build on again next season.

The poster above who thinks Pollok are poor couldn't have seen much of Pollok this season or last. Either that or they must have very low opinions of a hell of a lot of other teams. As i would say from what I have seen this season Pollok are performing as a top 6/7 side in the Super League so around half the league would be even worse.

As for Saturday - the toughest place in the league to go to - but after last weeks performance hopefully lots of players have something to prove. I would take seeing a competitive game where we stand a chance of taking something for most of the game - which compared to what we have seen in the previous few years at Talbot is a game over by half time.

Hope the game goes ahead. Pollok were on a decent run, but lost ground last Saturday.

Talbot will be looking pile on the misery.

Will be an entertaining game, Talbot to keep the points at Beechwood Park with a 3-2 victory.

Lok are only seeking to consolidate this season so safety in the top flight is the first priority.Gradual rebuilding is what it's about and the guys who think the minute we are back in the premier we have to be challenging for the title need a dose of reality.

Archived