possible for an amatuer to move up to juniors?

mclaren11

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup,a well run and forward thinking club,Hertha. I don't know who the current chairman is but I'm sure that wee Dingy's dad held that post,together with a place in the SAFA hierarchy, for some time.

Incidentally,you'll probably remember that during Rab Sneddon's time at Pollok it was quite common for some of the Colville boys to take part in some end of season games...and I don't recall that any of them seemed out of place at that level. :)

Yup mate Rab and Harry Erwin with their Lanarkshire connections are a very good souce within the Lanarkshire fraternity and them guys will put loads of talent into our game for sure through their scouting and contacts.

However more to the point shall Bart Simpson on here approve though? :) :)

Yup mate Rab and Harry Erwin with their Lanarkshire connections are a very good souce within the Lanarkshire fraternity and them guys will put loads of talent into our game for sure through their scouting and contacts.

However more to the point shall Bart Simpson on here approve though? :) :)

I wouldn't be surprised if Bart had other things to worry about at the moment.....45 secs in ;) ...

Certainly would be interesting to find out.

But until they compete at that level, we will never find out.

What is your opinion Spud? You are doing well in the dugout.

I've had my opinions on it and I am personally with you Larky I don't think they would survive in the super premier but I could be wrong. I know someone very well who plays with Coville Park and he assures me they would compete at that level easily. By all accounts they are an excellent team and have some quality players so they could possibly do well. As said though I suppose we will never know unless it happened. Yeah enjoy the coaching side of it Larky and thoroughly enjoying being back at Wishaw too. I will need to enjoy the dugout more as can't get in the team cause the boys have been brilliant lol. You will need to give me a shout when your back up watching us.

I've had my opinions on it and I am personally with you Larky I don't think they would survive in the super premier but I could be wrong. I know someone very well who plays with Coville Park and he assures me they would compete at that level easily. By all accounts they are an excellent team and have some quality players so they could possibly do well. As said though I suppose we will never know unless it happened. Yeah enjoy the coaching side of it Larky and thoroughly enjoying being back at Wishaw too. I will need to enjoy the dugout more as can't get in the team cause the boys have been brilliant lol. You will need to give me a shout when your back up watching us.

You need to lock that young ginger no4 in the toilet, Spud.

He's a good player, are you learning him good habits at training?

You need to lock that young ginger no4 in the toilet, Spud.

He's a good player, are you learning him good habits at training?

Yeah that's Barry Eley he is a fantastic young player! He has came on leaps and bounds over the past year or so! He will only get better I think! Unfortunately he is teaching me a few things now lol

Time the SFA followed the lead of the FA. They abolished amateur status about 20 years ago. Now termed players if signing as a pro then the deal is between the player and club. In other words Wayne Rooney signs the same registration form as Joe Dough who plays in the 15th northern division.

Of course this would not suit the SJFA. Look at all the £40 're-instatement' fees that would be gone. The biggest racket run by the SJFA.

It will be around 40 years. Early 70s

Twice as bad as my estimate. Thanks O.N.

Still they persist, but the SJFA is not to blame it is every member club who just cannot be bothered to bring a motion forward at the AGM. Would no doubt interfere with the drinking time.

There are loads of raw amateur players out there who could do a job in junior football but there are also loads of guys who can underestimate junior football too and maybe it's because they've went to a few games and it's looked a poor standard.

Sometimes what people forget though can be the fact it looks poor because it's lots of guys with very similar ability cancelling one another out , lots of people then think they could do the same job and step up to junior football when they aren't anywhere near the given standard ( not saying the guy who started this thread isn't good enough though) .

You see the standard lots when you go and watch your workmates playing junior and you aren't impressed , then through the week you play 5 -a sides with these junior guys and they are amazing against workmates who maybe play amateur or at less of a junior level - just the little things of their first touch while still on the move and the power of their shots and general fitness levels that stand out that people don't recognise when they're playing junior against guys of similar ability.

Spot on.

I have been saying for years colville should apply for the junior s,,,,,,but they always like to be top team, ,,they have great facilities,probably more money than most,,,they attract some very good players,, some who I asked to come,n wouldn't because we don't pay,,,so what's the attraction,,is it Michaels,charm,,they have a strong team this year,,n should win the amateur Scottish,,but u can't say how well they would do until it happened,, there is a lot of top amateur players, who would walk into some junior clubs,, but, as we know,at some ams,, they pick up cash,or are the players telling lies,,,

Assuming colville do win Scottish this year hopefully they keep their team together and do well in the senior Scottish next year. That would be a good measure of how far away they are from top junior teams / bottom senior.

Unfortunately harestanes lost a couple of key players this year so didnt do themselves justice against girvan.

Archived