St Mirren vs Partick Thistle

jagfox

Decent tie for Thistle at was has been a happy hunting ground in recent seasons. I'm probably happier with an away draw as our recent home record versus the Buddies has been horrific aside from a horrific in it's own right League Cup tie settled by a Nathan Ecclestone goal.

The Road to Hampden begins...

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering that we've finally been drawn against lower league opposition in the Scottish Cup, St Mirren are having a terrible season, and this is being played at a ground in which we've never lost, this one should be pretty easy to call.

1-0 St Mirren.

If we were playing this on Saturday I'd be pretty confident- other than for the reasons listed above-, but in a month I'd expect St Mirren to have a new manager and who knows how what the f**k we'll have done between now and then.

• 2 weeks later...

Going be large sections without segregation so fans can sit together and a non segregated family section as well.

If you were going to make it a big family day would you not keep it on the Saturday?

Yeh, seems strange to try these initiatives on a January evening rather than a Saturday afternoon.

Indeed. Lots of us (including myself) going to be on the bevi on a Friday night. To be fair, we're quite a friendly set of fans together but can't help but worry about the idiots in both supports who can't hold it together.

Pathetic stuff from both clubs. What were they thinking?

The mixed stand is also a horrendous idea.

Not only have they managed to shave a few hundred off the gate, they will now probably dilute the atmosphere with this cringey attempt at a love-in.

Embarrassing.

Any word on the actual reason why they've moved it seeing as it's not on telly?

Because they can.

And unfortunately they don't know what they are doing.

Dreadful decision.

No matches should be played on a Winter evening, when there is a free Saturday available.

Hang your heads in shame the Directors of St Mirren and Partick Thistle.

Not only have they managed to shave a few hundred off the gate, they will now probably dilute the atmosphere with this cringey attempt at a love-in.

Embarrassing.

This.

Prices been announced for us as £12/£6/£3 if you get them just now. Very good.

I quite like the idea of the game being on a Friday night. Few beers in town, get the train, few beers in Paisley then the game. I don't see the attendance being any less that it'd be on a Saturday afternoon. I'd expect us to fill the stand us usual, especially if our current form continues.

Prices been announced for us as £12/£6/£3 if you get them just now. Very good.

I quite like the idea of the game being on a Friday night. Few beers in town, get the train, few beers in Paisley then the game. I don't see the attendance being any less that it'd be on a Saturday afternoon. I'd expect us to fill the stand us usual, especially if our current form continues.

Sensible pricing for a change.

Hopefully we can win a couple of games before this and it gives the attendance a wee boost. If we played it this weekend you'd be lucky if 2000 home fans showed up.

• 3 weeks later...

Embarrassing.

Well you can f**k off for a start:p

Archived