January Transfer Window

What are the chances of an attempt by Rovers to move John Gemmell on?

I can't see this happening. The manager has shown (too much?) patience with Barrowman but Gemmell is clearly in our plans.

It'd be worth keeping him on the payroll at the Rovers just to stop him from playing against us.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would imagine all our loan players will be sent back to their parent club and would have no complaints about that as none have produced the goods (though Hunter has had the odd moment).

I think McBride, Van Zanten and Brown will be punted too.

We need to bring in some quality in the midfield - a lack of creativity and someone to control the game in there has been our main downfall.

Also need a goalscorer - Prunty's okay but Cox isn't a goalscorer, Lister is just returning from injury and our other strikers our untested youth players and Taylor Morgan...

We could do with some cover in defence - Lithgow and Crighton are our only centre - halves and they're bound to pick up an injury or suspension at some point. We also have no proper left - back which was a crazy decision.

So overall we need a bit of a clearout and need to bring in a few new faces. Bollan has produced the goods in January the last two seasons so here's hoping he will do so again.

You'll know more than I do, Vic, but the word around the ground several weeks ago was that he had been told to find himself a new club.

Apparently he was "offered " a move at the start of the season which he thankfully declined

Hopefully Moore missing a good 6-8 weeks will mean Motherwell will be open to extending his loan, although if he isn't fit by the end of January then Ayr might not look to extend it.

I can see Preston staying, Caldwell might opt to move elsewhere if he feels he'll have a better chance somewhere else.

Adams I think will stay also, I'm not sure how much caution is still being exercised over his injury and I expect he'll be offered a deal to the end of the season before long.

I think we are doing ok for players at the moment, we have had injuries but it hasn't cost us too much (maybe the cup game but its not overly important) loan players returning would leave us slightly short but if they all stay there isn't much I would bring in.

Staying: Adams & Preston. Adams is an Ian McCall guy and will stay, Jordan isn't going to be doing anything of note at Blackburn so will stay.

Going:

I'm not sure we will look to offer Caldwell anything, his wages used on someone else IMO.

Unsure:

Moore, anything could happen here.

If Caldwell had played every game he'd probably have between 5 to 10 goals by now I'd recon, Moore and Preston look like first choice and even when Moore got injured we have played Preston on his own, Caldwell is still a relatively young guy so playing as 3rd choice behind 2 loan players younger than him might force him to look elsewhere.

While it is still close at the top I doubt McCall will risk playing some of the younger guys. If we are still top at Xmas I can see us adding a couple of players, Cameron has never been one to invest speculatively so he wont chuck money at a title bid if we have fallen off the pace.

I would feel the same if I lived in or around **r. Mediocrity and bitterness are apparently interrelated, as proven by C***um A**.

Haha, I can only imagine the rage inside your head when having to pronounce Ayr United in any given conversation and not being able to block out any letters.

Not too sure what Cowden will do. I presume we'll try and extend Andy Murdochs loan deal and try and do the same with Gordon Smith. Hopefully that'll happen although fingers crossed we can arrange something with Dumbarton about Smith more long term.

Both played in the Scottish Cup so presume aren't in the short term plans of their parent clubs.

Wouldn't be surprised if we look at some very cheap loan signings but that'll be it for us.

A win against Arbroath would come in handy.

Jordan Moore has left Dundee United - not sure what his health etc is like but he was a pretty effective striker player on loan for us.

The Rangers game would be a big bonus but I'm sure Colin has his own plans in place without the windfall of the cup. It's not up front where we lack sadly. Heck we've got quite a solid team but we seem to lose our heads all too often!

Archived