Guitarist Thread

CALDERON

Got to agree about the weight, when you watch videos with guys getting into solos I wonder if they have exoskeletons.

Some rockstars who can afford several of them will play a heavy one in the studio but strut around stage with a far lighter chambered one

http://legacy.gibson.com/News-Lifestyle/Gear-Tech/en-us/Wide-World-of-Weight-Relief.aspx

2 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Some rockstars who can afford several of them will play a heavy one in the studio but strut around stage with a far lighter chambered one

http://legacy.gibson.com/News-Lifestyle/Gear-Tech/en-us/Wide-World-of-Weight-Relief.aspx

You just fucked up a good lie Man.

See the source image

7 hours ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Don Felder is built like twa ply reek yet here he is.

See the source image

Aye but that's the notoriously body light, neck heavier SG. Let's see him try that with a double unchambered LP he'll be folded like a deckchair in seconds!

Aye but that's the notoriously body light, neck heavier SG. Let's see him try that with a double unchambered LP he'll be folded like a deckchair in seconds!

According to my mate google the double neck SG weighs 13 pounds not much more than a single neck unchambered Les Paul (12 pounds)

Luckily he doesn’t have to bounce around the stage during Hotel California

• 3 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

What’s the little green one?

It’s a wee cheap modulation pedal. Landlord FX Spinning Room it’s called. 

Has a few different settings including envelope filters, phasers and tremolos. I can never justify buying a dedicated filter or phaser pedal as I never really use them so this wee thing does the job if I ever fancy messing around with some odd sounds. 

1 hour ago, Nadroj said:
It’s a wee cheap modulation pedal. Landlord FX Spinning Room it’s called. 

Has a few different settings including envelope filters, phasers and tremolos. I can never justify buying a dedicated filter or phaser pedal as I never really use them so this wee thing does the job if I ever fancy messing around with some odd sounds. 

I checked it out on you tube and it sounds fun and at that price you don't need to worry if you don't use it much

My board is missing at least one delay pedal. Really I want to do that properly and get an expensive tap tempo thing when I've got money but I'm thinking now that I could go for a low end one and then still  keep that for old fashioned slap back delay if I ever get a fancy one

IMG_1196.jpg

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

4 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I checked it out on you tube and it sounds fun and at that price you don't need to worry if you don't use it much

My board is missing at least one delay pedal. Really I want to do that properly and get an expensive tap tempo thing when I've got money but I'm thinking now that I could go for a low end one and then still  keep that for old fashioned slap back delay if I ever get a fancy one

IMG_1196.jpg

In terms of the delay, I’ve been really impressed with the TC Flashback. The analog and tape delay settings on it sound amazing and the mash button system they’ve created is great fun, even if it is a bit of a gimmick

Ive just had a fender champion 100 delivered today. Sold my marshall dsl20 as it was too loud for home practice and I only play with a band every now and again.

The champion sounded good and has a headphone socket which I need to play in the house most of the time.
Only problem is, once you plug headphones in, the effects loop is disabled.
I need an effects loop as I play with a loop pedal quite often so Ill be returning the amp.

Surely not all amps of this type do the same thing?

Ive just had a fender champion 100 delivered today. Sold my marshall dsl20 as it was too loud for home practice and I only play with a band every now and again. 

The champion sounded good and has a headphone socket which I need to play in the house most of the time.

Only problem is, once you plug headphones in, the effects loop is disabled.

I need an effects loop as I play with a loop pedal quite often so Ill be returning the amp.

Surely not all amps of this type do the same thing?

The effects loop comes between the preamp and the power amp. So that the pre amp has already put it’s character onto the sound before your effects get to it.

Headphone sockets will presumably just be taking a feed straight from the preamp with no further amplification needed

You could try putting your effects loop between the headphone output (or fx send) and the headphones themselves but this might need some cable adapters.

This chap has recorded a general tutorial on effects loops which might be helpful

https://youtu.be/dgbffV5fR4Y