Guitarist Thread

CALDERON

• 3 weeks later...

Main guitar is a Schecter tele

Fender telecoustic

Washburn tour 24 tele

Mexican strat (needs a new nut fitted)

Ibanez 12 string acoustic

50watt Marshall 1x12 valvestate (I think)

50w JCM 800 2x12 (too heavy for carting about, lying about gathering dust)

Roland GP16

D'addario 9's

Looking for ideas on this guys, My Mexican Strat seems to be buzzing ocassionally from the bridge end when I fret some notes and i'm not entirely sure of why any suggestions?

Does it buzz even when not plugged in? If so action might be too low i.e. Strings might be touching the frets. I had this with my Jackson, turned out the neck had bowed slightly. Took it in to guitar guitar and they adjusted the truss rod. Fixed it perfectly.

• 3 weeks later...

Just picked up a Tele project today. I assume it's a Squier body (though it's surprisingly heavy) and it has an unbranded strat type neck. 2 tone and volume LP style but the pickup selector has been moved down beside the other controls to make way for a killswitch. Has 2 Bare Knuckle P91s which sound the absolute dugs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking for ideas on this guys, My Mexican Strat seems to be buzzing ocassionally from the bridge end when I fret some notes and i'm not entirely sure of why any suggestions?

Could be an intonation issue, if you're no sure what it is then just take it into any local shop and they'll give you a set up and re string for about 35 quid which should sort it.

I've been listening to a lot of classical guitar recently by the likes of Segovia, Williams and Bream and I was wondering if anyone on here plays classical guitar.

my first guitar was a cheap old classical guitar rescued out a relatives loft when i was about 14. it needed strings, but not realising it was a classical, I put steel strings on it, the tension of which bent the neck so badly the distance from string to fingerboard was about an inch at the 18th fret, making it basically unplayable.

nowadays I've got an Epiphone SG with Bare Knuckle pickups (Black Dog bridge and Mule neck) and a Warmoth parts SG with no pickups yet. and no paint.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've had the same G7 capo for over 10 years and it's past its best. I'm thinking about getting one of these - http://shop.thaliacapos.com/anyone on here got one?

They look like the PRS of the capo world. If you can afford it wire in and let us know how they perform. I got mine for £3.50 off eBay and it works great.

They look like the PRS of the capo world. If you can afford it wire in and let us know how they perform. I got mine for £3.50 off eBay and it works great.

It's my birthday soon so I had the idea of getting a new capo instead of the usual presents (Mum and Dad - Pair of jeans and a bottle of JD, Gran - Shirt, Sister - Voucher). They can club together for one of these. There's so many different options for wood inlay and finishes it's hard to decide which to get.

Has anyone ever played a Guild guitar, especially an electric?  Have my eye on a Starfire 3 as I think they look cool!

Not had a chance to get a shot on one but like the Guild Manhattan. Big single cut hollowbody with P90s. Only annoying thing is, the colour I want (blonde/gold type shade) is only available with a Bigsby, which I wouldn't use (I'd prefer the wirearm Bigsby and only on a Gretsch).

tn1_120270.jpg