Guitarist Thread

CALDERON

Just got back into playing guitar after years away from it. Started off at the start of the year by picking up an ESP LTD EC256 which was just about expensive enough to make sure I kept playing it. Added a Jackson JS2 bass a month or so later and just last week filled in the last spot in my three guitar rack with a Taylor Academy acoustic which I think has become just about the loveliest thing I own. 

• 4 weeks later...

Howdy lads and lassies! Wee bit of a plug-time if you don't mind...

As some on the forum might know through the various instrument threads, I'm a musician, songwriter and multi-instrumentalist. I've had a fair bit of time away from releasing music, but spent most of lockdown turning my loft into a studio, and I'm officially back in the saddle. I've just released a new single called Better Days that you can get on the usual streaming services at this link here - https://sng.to/bastian2 and will be releasing a brand new original single every 6 weeks. Would be amazing if you added me to your playlists on whatever platform you use, if you like what you hear!

As well as that I've also launched my Youtube channel where i'll be uploading a video weekly, music vids, covers, q&a's etc etc. Check out upload 1 below which is a lyric video for Better Days, would massively appreciate all you guitar-based legends taking a look/listen, and doing all the cliche'd like/subscribe/share/comment stuff as it's the algorithm learning who you are and whether you're worth recommending, that really makes a difference!

Lastly, please recommend me to friends/family that you think might like my stuff (even if you don't haha), as I say this is all a massive help and is the best way to support.

Cheers and I hope you enjoy!

13 hours ago, Al B said:

Howdy lads and lassies! Wee bit of a plug-time if you don't mind...

As some on the forum might know through the various instrument threads, I'm a musician, songwriter and multi-instrumentalist. I've had a fair bit of time away from releasing music, but spent most of lockdown turning my loft into a studio, and I'm officially back in the saddle. I've just released a new single called Better Days that you can get on the usual streaming services at this link here - https://sng.to/bastian2 and will be releasing a brand new original single every 6 weeks. Would be amazing if you added me to your playlists on whatever platform you use, if you like what you hear!

As well as that I've also launched my Youtube channel where i'll be uploading a video weekly, music vids, covers, q&a's etc etc. Check out upload 1 below which is a lyric video for Better Days, would massively appreciate all you guitar-based legends taking a look/listen, and doing all the cliche'd like/subscribe/share/comment stuff as it's the algorithm learning who you are and whether you're worth recommending, that really makes a difference!

Lastly, please recommend me to friends/family that you think might like my stuff (even if you don't haha), as I say this is all a massive help and is the best way to support.

Cheers and I hope you enjoy!

Congratulations on a very decent track and video. I've subscribed on Youtube and look forward to hearing more.

1 minute ago, Squonk said:

Congratulations on a very decent track and video. I've subscribed on Youtube and look forward to hearing more.

Ahh thank you very much, that's very kind of you! Appreciate the support! 🙌

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/07/2022 at 23:16, CALDERON said:

Had this for 10 years now.  I've had umpteen other guitars that I've bought and sold but I always seem to go back to this one.  Funny how certain guitars just feel right.

20211219_160405.jpg

#p90youngteam

Me again! New video up for you guitar guys, a wee re-interpretation of Noel Gallagher's "Dying of the Light" that I've added a bit of my own signature to. I mean, who hasn't wondered what NG would sound like if he had huge drums, massive riffs downtuned 5 steps to G and a ripping solo! 🤣

Definitely one of my favourite things I've ever done and worth sticking around all the way through if you have time.

As cliche'd as it is, any and all interaction on Youtube (subscribe, like, comment) really is a huge help as the algorithm learns that people are interested, so starts recommending you more in the suggested videos, which in turn....etc etc. Cheers for the support as always! 🙌

Edited by Al B

On 09/08/2022 at 06:11, Al B said:

Me again! New video up for you guitar guys, a wee re-interpretation of Noel Gallagher's "Dying of the Light" that I've added a bit of my own signature to. I mean, who hasn't wondered what NG would sound like if he had huge drums, massive riffs downtuned 5 steps to G and a ripping solo! 🤣

Definitely one of my favourite things I've ever done and worth sticking around all the way through if you have time.

As cliche'd as it is, any and all interaction on Youtube (subscribe, like, comment) really is a huge help as the algorithm learns that people are interested, so starts recommending you more in the suggested videos, which in turn....etc etc. Cheers for the support as always! 🙌

Very good. FWIW, I liked your title animation too.

• 2 months later...

New single time folks, just released this last weekend. Links here to Spotify  Apple Music  Tidal or you can watch the performance video below. 

As always...any and all support is massively appreciated, but especially this time as a 30 second section towards the end earns Andrew Lloyd Webber a percentage of my 0.007p per stream 🤣🤣.

Cheers!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...