Guitarist Thread

CALDERON

On 27/08/2019 at 19:16, cb_diamond said:

P90s are great pickups, I played a reverend double agent not long ago and the p90 was genuinely glorious.

Just love the versatility. Being able to play with the clarity of a good single coil, but being able to hit a tone of gain too if needed. 

1 hour ago, Highland Capital said:

Cash Converters and the like are full of cheapy makes and copies.  Must be from folk who decide to learn the guitar but give up early on.

I've also always thought double-necks look a bit naff.

Robbie Robertson's Mandolin combo looks pretty cool.

• 1 month later...

New Guitar Day - a 1990 Levinson Blade R4.  Stunning instrument, fantastic neck and with inbuilt active eq - 3 options: (a) bass/treble boost, (b) mid boost or (c) passive; the pickups are passive so even if the battery for the active eq dies at a gig, you can still use the passive option.  Three trim pots at the rear of the guitar that allows you to choose the desired level of bass, treble and mid EQ.  Not as well known as the Andersons and Suhrs of this world, I would have a Blade over these any day.  Very versatile instruments

fullsizeoutput_62a.jpeg

Edited by PRS
spelling

On 28/08/2019 at 19:31, Highland Capital said:

Cash Converters and the like are full of cheapy makes and copies.  Must be from folk who decide to learn the guitar but give up early on.

I've also always thought double-necks look a bit naff.

Great double-neck moments in rock, No1. 

6F9F4EE6-2E83-410E-9A84-1EBE5D61AF02.jpeg

String related question. I've been using .9 and. 10 guages forever, mostly always ernie ball slinkies (super slinky and regular slinky respectively). I go through fits and starts with both and currently have the supers on my tele and the regulars on the SG. Noticed a set called primo slinkies, which have a 9.5 guage, has anyone used them before? Any good? They seem a good solution to my indecisiveness.

download.jpeg

Edited by cb_diamond

• 2 weeks later...

Played live for the first time ever last night in my mid 40s

The nervous energy was ridiculous and I felt like my hands were in backwards to begin with but I pulled it together and got through it and it was a great rush

My advice to younger readers is not to leave it till middle age before summoning the courage

On 22/10/2019 at 21:17, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Played live for the first time ever last night in my mid 40s

The nervous energy was ridiculous and I felt like my hands were in backwards to begin with but I pulled it together and got through it and it was a great rush

My advice to younger readers is not to leave it till middle age before summoning the courage

Playing live is such a massive, massive rush when you don't do it regularly. I would imagine people in function bands can't be bothered with it but for hobby band people like myself you cant beat it. I play an average of about one gig every six months or so and it's always the highlight of that particular month.

Playing live is such a massive, massive rush when you don't do it regularly. I would imagine people in function bands can't be bothered with it but for hobby band people like myself you cant beat it. I play an average of about one gig every six months or so and it's always the highlight of that particular month.

It was awesome and I was shit. If I get things right next time it will be double awesome.