Forgotten/obscure/old stuff you'll still watch

Antlion

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are also episodes on channel 109 (Watch) every day.

Bad Girls is on channel 148 (CBS Action) every even from 10.05pm usually.

I saw that but the episodes that are currently on Watch are ones that I've already seen on Drama (think Drama are ahead by about a year).

PC Kent is the boi.

I like a lot of that late-60s nonsensical stuff - I already had the original The Prisoner which is great, but also picked up the box set of The Champions for a few quid second hand recently.

Alexandra Bastedo... :wub:

article-1202588-05DD21F6000005DC-521_468

In terms of comedy stuff, Garth Marenghi's Darkplace hardly seems to get a mention these days...

Yup I remember the theme tune and title credits with the dancing naked woman in flames as a kid more than the actual programme. Caught some of the episodes on some Sky channel a few years ago, which is where I saw that bee/baby monstrosity.

Funny, that's the bit I remember, too...

I like a lot of that late-60s nonsensical stuff - I already had the original The Prisoner which is great, but also picked up the box set of The Champions for a few quid second hand recently.

In terms of comedy stuff, Garth Marenghi's Darkplace hardly seems to get a mention these days...

Ooft.

Fantastic series, loved it.

Wish Boys from the Blackstuff would be repeated.

Yosser Hughes was a character from the Gods.

In fact possibly one of the greatest characters in television history.

There was another Liverpool based series from the late '80s that I quite enjoyed. It was called The Marksman and was a Get Carter-esque tale of gangland revenge starring David Threlfall and Craig Charles.

As far as I'm aware it was only ever shown once. It has never been repeated or released on DVD or anything. There aren't even any clips on YouTube.

The Detectives. Picked up a few DVDs in the big closing down HMV sale a couple of years ago for £2 each. When it was on I was only wee and I find it even better now than what I remembered it was when it was originally on, probably because I understand what they are talking about now

Archived