Vinyl - anyone still buy it?

philpy

After Doolittle and Harvest, I took a wee trip down to HMV. Don't hate me, I won some vouchers, in the work.

Anyway. I have just bought The War On Drugs: Lost In The Dream and Mick Head & The Strands; Magical World Of.

I'd originally thought I'd lost all this in the move to our new house. Just came to me, they were in a cardboard box I got some record sleeve frames delivered in. Went out to the garage, there they were.

Now to find my singles from my childhood.

post-12579-14520386725473_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Took my Ion max turntable back to hmv as it was playing some vinyl slow.

The piano on The War On Drugs: under the pressure, was painful.

Anyway had to go into fopp as Hmv were all out.

New turntable's playing like a dream.

Ipod is fecked again, going to buy record player next week. I have few albums on vinyl but was wondering if anyone in Ayrshire has been to store in Kilwinning, and if so, would you recommend it

Nope. Nice wee record shop in Ayr... Big Sparra.

Ipod is fecked again, going to buy record player next week. I have few albums on vinyl but was wondering if anyone in Ayrshire has been to store in Kilwinning, and if so, would you recommend it

Yes, been in a few times now and it's a great wee shop. Bit hit and miss with new stock, but business seems to be growing as shop has expanded into a second unit already. I'll definitely continue to support.

Edited by funky monkey

Nope. Nice wee record shop in Ayr... Big Sparra.

I'm heading over to Ayr tomorrow and the record shop is on my list. Save me a bit of Googling, where is it exactly? The shop in Kilwinning (Rare Trade) seems to be doing well. Only been in once when i was short on time but seemed a bit messy and a tad expensive. I'll visit again when i have more time though.