Vinyl - anyone still buy it?

philpy

Pick up a couple of old originals recently,

The Beatles - Magical Mystery Tour (with booklet)

The Byrds - 5th Dimension

Covers are in decent nick but the vinyl does sound a little tired.  Certainly listenable but they've obviously been played a lot.  Gave them a good scrub in the sink which did improve things a little.

Can't complain, I didn't pay a lot for them and they are nearly 50 years old.

Edited by Ya Bezzer!

On 08/09/2016 at 21:34, Wardy said:

Yeah the self titled album is good one. I enjoy them all though. 

Ive got all 3 Smiths Studio albums.  New releases though. After I did buy all 3 as new, I saw the Queen is Dead pink vinyl in Vinyl Villians in Edinburgh and was a wee bit annoyed at myself. 

the pink TQID is a fake/bootleg pressing, still looks good mind, I used to be a mental & collect every pressing I could get hold of, I've still got some pics of a bit of my old collection, I'll dig it up & show off what I used to own.

Grimbo

mozpromo.gif

On 9/8/2016 at 21:34, Wardy said:

Yeah the self titled album is good one. I enjoy them all though. 

Ive got all 3 Smiths Studio albums.  New releases though. After I did buy all 3 as new, I saw the Queen is Dead pink vinyl in Vinyl Villians in Edinburgh and was a wee bit annoyed at myself. 

All 3? The Smiths, Meat Is Murder, The Queen Is Dead, Strangeways Here We come. That's four.

• 3 weeks later...

Ended up at a loose end on Saturday, and we've had a few new records in at the BHF shop in Alloa, so here's a gallery of what we currently have: http://imgur.com/a/54x4B.

A few of them don't look like they've been played; send me a PM if you want more info on condition. Everything priced between 50p to £3, as labeled. You can just buy them in the shop, or I can arrange postage if you can't make it in. Most of them come up on Discogs if you want tracklists and suchlike, but happy to help if there's anything else you want to know.

Ended up at a loose end on Saturday, and we've had a few new records in at the BHF shop in Alloa, so here's a gallery of what we currently have: http://imgur.com/a/54x4B.

A few of them don't look like they've been played; send me a PM if you want more info on condition. Everything priced between 50p to £3, as labeled. You can just buy them in the shop, or I can arrange postage if you can't make it in. Most of them come up on Discogs if you want tracklists and suchlike, but happy to help if there's anything else you want to know.

I have some original Jim Reeves records my late dad bought back in the day so I could be tempted.

1 minute ago, jimmy boo said:

I have some original Jim Reeves records my late dad bought back in the day so I could be tempted.

We get loads of Jim Reeves in, presumably because his original fan base is dying off now, as depressing as that sounds.

I'll drop by tomorrow and see what condition the vinyl's in.

15 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I clicked on "next post" & saw the video of the cat stuck in the pipe, awww funny as f**k.

Grimbo

Can't access the image in work so I'll have a look when I get home.

Picked up a copy of Ian Dury's New Boots and Panties and James Taylor's Mud Slide Jim at the weekend from a local car boot. Also a couple of Pixies shows on CD from their 2004 reunion tour.

Heading to Assai on Saturday to hopefully pick up 5 records they're trying to get for me - Shovels and Rope x2, Julia Jacklin, Handsome Family and Drive By Truckers. May well drop into Alloa on the way if there's anything I'm after.