SPOTY

A sense of belonging

Who should win?  

113 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It really annoys me when people call him boring as well - it's always from people who don't watch tennis and who are idiots. I think he has a wonderful personality.

Some grim stuff from the little englanders on social media about that and he voted yes in referendum ( he should have been disqualified from spoty because of exercising his democratic right...but was ok to win the davis cup with his bro lol) how many people who survived Dunblane are happy go lucky extroverts ? How many of us coukd go through a trauma like that and not only be functional but excel in our chosen field? I cant think of an english sports person who excels at his level without being caught up in scandal who attracts as much hatred as murray....

Yeah spot on although he is still overwhelmingly popular in England and anyone with any sense can see he is a top bloke, great personality and athlete.

Should have kept his political view to himself though IMO, not because he doesn't have right to voice his opinion but the obvious carry on that ensued he will probably regret doing it due to the position he is in.

Some worthy names and achievements on the shortlist last night, huge number of Tennis fans out there and well done Andy Murray. Sinfield has had an amazing year though to end a magnificent 18 year career at Leeds including 7 Super League titles and the treble this season. Had hoped that he might win it, 2nd's still pretty good though for what is essentially a regional sport.