Fallout 4 Mods

Homer Thompson

I dont know the state of play for the consoles but there are already a ton of mods out there for the PC. Rather than cluttering up the game discussion, I thought I'd start a separate thread for them.

There are a few cheaty ones, like non draining power armour, no weight junk, auto lock picking and terminal hacks which Im going to resist, but I might have to have a go at the

Unlimited Companions mod

there are also a few UI tweaks like

Better Sorting

Improved Map

as well as the usual graphic mods, weapon and armour textures. One of the most interesting is the

Texture Optimisation Project

which replaces the textures with much smaller images, in terms of file size. They claim a performance boost without any noticeable drop in quality.

There are also some crafting and settlement building ones too, but I havent really looked into them yet

And all this before the developer toolkit is even out!

I had a wee blast at an ENB, but the drop in framerate was a bit too much for me. I will probably get the multiple companion one, but I think I'm gonna finish this current playthrough before getting stuck into mods. I may also wait and upgrade my pc, but I have so many expenses right now I think it'll have to wait.

I had a wee blast at an ENB, but the drop in framerate was a bit too much for me. I will probably get the multiple companion one, but I think I'm gonna finish this current playthrough before getting stuck into mods. I may also wait and upgrade my pc, but I have so many expenses right now I think it'll have to wait.

The only ENB I've put on some far is the stutter fixer. It's designed to improve the performance. Can't say it's made a noticeable difference but it isn't any worse.

I think you mean Codsworth..... :-)

:lol:

I do. I knew when I typed that, that it didnt look right

Aye, does anyone know when the console mods are going to appear and how they're going to work?

Do you mean consoles that you hack in the game, or the PC console that you access and type commands?

The latter already exists

:lol:

I do. I knew when I typed that, that it didnt look right

Do you mean consoles that you hack in the game, or the PC console that you access and type commands?

The latter already exists

Neither. I mean mods for XB1 and PS4.

The Mods for PS4, XBONE Etc. arent going to be available until March im Sure.

March? The f**k?

Neither. I mean mods for XB1 and PS4.

March? The f**k?

I'd be a little concerned modding on PS or XB, just because of how easy it is to mess up your game. On the PC you can back up your data folder and can always revert to a previous stable mod build, don't know if this would be possible on the consoles.

I'd be a little concerned modding on PS or XB, just because of how easy it is to mess up your game. On the PC you can back up your data folder and can always revert to a previous stable mod build, don't know if this would be possible on the consoles.

Bethesda are supporting mods on consoles when they release the creation kit. Basically, any mod created with the official tools should work on any platform.

When? Last I heard it was early 2016.

Archived