Celtic's European Campaign 2016/17

jagfox

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's maybe just our whole attitude towards football. The supporters seem very uneducated and expect this up-and-at-em approach to the European and international game. 

Watching Aberdeen in Europe over the last few seasons there is this expectation that at home, when the opposition has the ball we should be haring after it and when we have the ball we should be steaming forward. It's the same with the national team and its changing attitudes that should be the principal idea. I think coaches and players are getting there, certainly McInnes has done well for us in Europe. However, it doesn't help having bams in the crowd moaning when you are doing something as sensible as keeping possession. 

4 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Celebrating the 50th anniversary of Lisbon next year only serves to highlight how dire we have become.  50 years, and yet Celtic fans talk about it like it was yesterday.

Of course Rangers fans talk about 326 years ago as if it was yesterday...

• 2 weeks later...

No Toure or Simunovic for Celtic tomorrow, which will probably mean Lustig at centre half and Gamboa at right back. Thought they struggled defensively v Ross County when playing with that set up. Heavy defeat on the cards by the looks of it.

Also no Griffiths, who has been described as ill. Probably just sick of being second choice for the centre forwards role.

Must win for Celtic, which given how easily they were turned over in Glasgow, seems a very long shot. Especially with that makeshift defence it sounds like they'll be operating with. Escape a hammering and you'll be doing well. 

Felt Eoghan O'Connell was decent bar the 2nd goal v Hapoel, but he's obviously way short of game time so I imagine it'll be Lustig and Gamboa on the right side of defence.  Don't get the hate for Bitton, sometimes he's too slow in moving the ball on but he is a good player.  Forrest has come on to a game lately but I still rate Roberts higher, only reason I think he's not been played is Forrest has upped his defensive game. 

Can see us losing by a 2 goal margin again.

Archived