Celtic's European Campaign 2016/17

jagfox

You may be right. I thought it was within the same 12 month period, unless they move to a country that runs a different calendar season. Whatever the case, I think Spurs are probably wishing they had just agreed to let him go back to Fulham on loan instead of calling off their deal for him last January.

Did Spurs not have a big bid for him knocked back because Fulham didn't want to sell ?

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Ross. said:

You may be right. I thought it was within the same 12 month period, unless they move to a country that runs a different calendar season. Whatever the case, I think Spurs are probably wishing they had just agreed to let him go back to Fulham on loan instead of calling off their deal for him last January.

A recent example was Tidser. He signed for Morton but could not play for them as he'd played for two clubs in that season.- http://stv.tv/sport/football/clubs/morton/307724-fifa-rules-scupper-greenock-morton-move-for-midfielder-michael-tidser/.

"Article 5.2 of FIFA's regulations on the transfer and registration of players states: "Players may be registered with a maximum of three clubs during one season. During this period, the player is only eligible to play official matches for two clubs”.

9 minutes ago, Old Pack said:

Did Spurs not have a big bid for him knocked back because Fulham didn't want to sell ?

From memory, Fulham said they would only accept if Spurs let him come back on loan for the rest of the season.

ETA: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/moussa-dembele-to-tottenham-fulham-pull-plug-after-loan-back-deal-stalls-a6846106.html

the team that ronny deila built brenden rodgers took to another level,ronny deila went against the gain at celtic it was more important to develop players at celtic than win football matches,at every club the change of manager has a lasting effect,the team that martin o'neil left strachan was on it's knees the team that strachan left Neil lennon was on it's knees,ronny deila left brenden rodgers with a team in a strong position to go forward,celtic can't compete with the financial muscle of the elite teams in Europe so we must develop players within the club which takes longer with buying a few jems,Jurassic park model down south is calapsing they keep throwing more money and more money to fix it but they don't relies they can't cut corners.   

25 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

the team that ronny deila built brenden rodgers took to another level,ronny deila went against the gain at celtic it was more important to develop players at celtic than win football matches,at every club the change of manager has a lasting effect,the team that martin o'neil left strachan was on it's knees the team that strachan left Neil lennon was on it's knees,ronny deila left brenden rodgers with a team in a strong position to go forward,celtic can't compete with the financial muscle of the elite teams in Europe so we must develop players within the club which takes longer with buying a few jems,Jurassic park model down south is calapsing they keep throwing more money and more money to fix it but they don't relies they can't cut corners.   

...and breathe.

On 27 September 2016 at 19:23, Myview said:

Can't be bothered reading back however it appears Gordon is in goals.

Looking forward to this match. We know Man City are strong favourites however I think Celtic if they have the belief in themselves can score, even possibility two. A very big ask but if the usual offensive players play at the top of their game, imo it's achievable. 

On 27 September 2016 at 21:45, Myview said:

You're being pessimistic, tho I do also think Man City will probably win.  I'm interested to see the Celtic offensive players play at home v top opposition. My worry is they won't get up the park enough to see what impact they can have. I've already said apart from a very odd match, imo Celtic in Scotland will score an comfortable average 3 a match. That's how much I rate the offensive players, movements and finishing. 

Hi Hellbhoy. As I said Celtic's offensive players are on fire just now. Results in matches sometimes may not be the true story however Celtic deserved at least a draw for their performance. Although they lost three goals I thought the Celtic's defence also stepped up to the mark. I'm a Griffiths fan however last night Dembele showed he has more variation to his play and led the line brilliantly. Sinclair also was outstanding however all Celtic's players contributed and don't forget Rodgers.  If Celtic can keep this level of performance, it doesn't make good reading for the other Scottish Premier clubs. Celtic's only difficulty now is to maintain and continue this level of performance. Hey and it was a big lift for Scottish football. 

36 minutes ago, Myview said:

Hi Hellbhoy. As I said Celtic's offensive players are on fire just now. Results in matches sometimes may not be the true story however Celtic deserved at least a draw for their performance. Although they lost three goals I thought the Celtic's defence also stepped up to the mark. I'm a Griffiths fan however last night Dembele showed he has more variation to his play and led the line brilliantly. Sinclair also was outstanding however all Celtic's players contributed and don't forget Rodgers.  If Celtic can keep this level of performance, it doesn't make good reading for the other Scottish Premier clubs. Celtic's only difficulty now is to maintain and continue this level of performance. Hey and it was a big lift for Scottish football. 

I find all Celtic's players offensive.

4 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The five top countries can't stop there greed
with the elite teams in the champions league
Chinese and English markets cherry pick all the stars
the players traded getting gold and fancy cars
pep guardiola and messi with a dream
who can defeat this invincible team
billions is spent in transfer windows
countries like Scotland left in the shadows
with a good manager and good players in place
anything is achievable in a football race
because 11 v 11 at any time or day
fans hopes and dreams can't be taking away
shuggies principles of the game stay the same
everything said and done it's only a game.

Oh my. I admit, this gave me a semi.

Its worth noting Shinnies not played at left back for about two and a half years...

Make that one year and you're correct.

He played at lb for most games for Caley other than a couple a rb. I'm pretty sure Aberdeen played him at lb at start of his stint there.

38 minutes ago, The OP said:

£8615 fine for the Palestinian flags. Don't know how we're going to cope with that tbh. 

I see Uefa are being their usual even handed selves. Obviously not fined on a pro rata basis. Saints were fined far more than that for one Palestinian flag.

I see Uefa are being their usual even handed selves. Obviously not fined on a pro rata basis. Saints were fined far more than that for one Palestinian flag.

Which was held up by a Palestine woman, no less.

2 hours ago, The OP said:

£8615 fine for the Palestinian flags. Don't know how we're going to cope with that tbh. 

Exactly - twenty minutes' programme sales in the main stand. Celtic will never miss it - they should have been booted out of the competition; that would make the fans sit up and take notice.

3 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Exactly - twenty minutes' programme sales in the main stand. Celtic will never miss it - they should have been booted out of the competition; that would make the fans sit up and take notice.

:lol:

One extreme to another. That's as ludicrous as the fine they got.

I take back what I posted pre-match irrefutably and with humility. :lol: What a game and a half and busted Pep's 11 wins in a row. 8)

Just had to view one of the Mancs fans forum for their views on the game, some were praising Celtic's game plan, others gutted that this was Celtic and had drawn with lowly ICT the game previously 8), others couldn't stand BT's commentary apparently egging Celtic onto the win with bias? :lol: rested players excuses and why they didn't win, how the f**k did they only get a draw and lost 3 goals to? well a Scottish side. :lol:

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/celtic-v-city-post-match.324615/

I'd go as far to say that Ragers fans have accounts on their "bluemoon" fans forum. :lol:

Archived