Club statue.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scott bain must be up there aswell. Total class keeper

Absolutely brilliant keeper, best keeper in my time supporting the club, even though he doesnt have much competition for that honour. We probably could have finished 6th/7th if he was in goal last season.

Even though he's never played for Alloa and when a couple of our boys pulled him from his warm up for a photo a few months back at the Recs he had no idea why Alloa fans had such a love in for him, I want a big f**k off statue of Bob McHugh erected at the Recs. I had left long before he scored against us a few weeks back but I hope the remaining Alloa fans at the Falkirk Stadium got up and applauded the great man.

For those who don't know, our Bob scored a 96th minute equaliser against Cowdenbeath on the final day a couple seasons back which saw Alloa leapfrog Cowden out of the relegation play-offs. Most Alloa fans had left our match at the Falkirk stadium that day after a 3-1 defeat and were preparing for Ayr away on the semi on the Wednesday. A few hopefuls hung back around 1 man listening on his earphones and the utter scenes when he broke the news will stay with me forever. Would have loved to see our reaction from the Falkirk end or wished someone had it recorded.

Here's to you Mr Bob McHugh waspies love you more than you will know!

Even though he's never played for Alloa and when a couple of our boys pulled him from his warm up for a photo a few months back at the Recs he had no idea why Alloa fans had such a love in for him, I want a big f**k off statue of Bob McHugh erected at the Recs. I had left long before he scored against us a few weeks back but I hope the remaining Alloa fans at the Falkirk Stadium got up and applauded the great man.

For those who don't know, our Bob scored a 96th minute equaliser against Cowdenbeath on the final day a couple seasons back which saw Alloa leapfrog Cowden out of the relegation play-offs. Most Alloa fans had left our match at the Falkirk stadium that day after a 3-1 defeat and were preparing for Ayr away on the semi on the Wednesday. A few hopefuls hung back around 1 man listening on his earphones and the utter scenes when he broke the news will stay with me forever. Would have loved to see our reaction from the Falkirk end or wished someone had it recorded.

Here's to you Mr Bob McHugh waspies love you more than you will know!

That goal blew my coupon.

f**k you Bob Mchugh.

The only positive was I didn't notice for an hour.

I'd have been gutted if I knew I was just waiting on that game finishing to confirm my winnings

A lifesize, gold statue of Ching Mclaughlin at the front gates would be sensational.

We don't have any gates. I guess we could install it down by that diddy car park barrier though.

Our Steward(s) could buff it, in between letting cars in and out. ????????????

McGurn is a guest at hospitality at the Morton v Raith match in about 3 weeks as an ambassador of both clubs!

Given the rate at which we are losing players to injury, the Witch might end up playing in that game....

We don't have any gates. I guess we could install it down by that diddy car park barrier though.

Our Steward(s) could buff it, in between letting cars in and out.

Gate, barrier it's all much of the shame. The statue would do a better job of scaring off our caravan inhabiting chums :lol:

The guy featured in the programme last week would be good for a statue. William Brown, Alloa captain of 1909, who was killed in a mining accident just a few miles from the Recs, just a couple days after playing and scoring there. Would be an appropriate way to mark the footballing and mining history of the area.

Or just fire up a wasps1 statue.

Queens all-time record goalscorer Jim Patterson or our only capped Scotland Internationalist Billy Houliston. Most appearances for the club and honorary director Allan Ball would be worthwhile but I'd personally would like Andy Thomson.

Archived