Alex Salmond.

kevthedee

Safe to say the only resignations as a result of this will be Leslie Evans (whom I'd say should not be given the courtesy of going on a voluntary basis) and perhaps Peter Murrell if Salmond's appearance delivers some blows rather than being all bluster. 

The opposition (or most of them) will want Sturgeon gone as it's what they do, but unless there's a credible threat of having Sturgeon removed if she refuses to resign, it won't happen. Look at Patel for instance - breached the ministerial code, refused to resign and the PM backed her. Opposition not in a position to force the matter. 

Edited by Michael W

Salmond getting the boot into Nippy nice and early:

‘I watched in astonishment as the first minister of Scotland used a COVID press briefing to question the findings of a jury’

Ooft.

1 minute ago, Billy Jean King said:
4 minutes ago, paranoid android said:
Nipper in the process of destroying the SNP to save his reputation, and all because he's been a creepy letch. 
(Allegedly) :unsure2:

Didn't he admit in Court to behaving inappropriately towards women ?

In that case, I respectfully withdraw my use of the word 'allegedly'. 

Aye, I'm awaiting the smoking gun

If she can't extract it, who is going to ?

He's going to struggle to elaborate on his opening statement if the likes of Mitchell don't use a line of questioning allowing him to. Or is his attack on the parliament per se going to lead them to bipartizanly circle the wagons around him ?