Alex Salmond.

kevthedee

10 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Genuine misogynistic arsehole.

One of a number of people who would deplore racist or homophobic abuse... but never misogyny, eh?

You can just say misogynist if you like. But unfortunately I think you're making the mistake of thinking TERFs = women.

If I didn't want to be labelled a TERF I would simply not be a radical feminist excluding trans people tbh. I'm sure there's a hard hitting WoS article about woke Nazis and women hating trans people for you to paraphrase though! 

12 hours ago, DrewDon said:

I am somebody who generally follows politics quite closely, but I have absolutely zero idea what is going on between Salmond, Sturgeon and the SNP at the moment. Like, absolutely zero. I immediately zone out whenever something about it comes on the TV. Given the sort of people I see referencing it on social media, I don't think I have ever been happier about my own ignorance. 

This place 😂

12 hours ago, paolo2143 said:

Liam Fox leading Brexiteer and in most sane people's eyes a slimy creep had the gaul to stand up in Westminster and say the Alex Salmond scandal is in danger of infecting all of British Politics.

This from a man who had to resign for breaking Ministerial code in the past, a man who lied throughout Brexit process saying that a post Brexit free trade deal would be easiest in history.

He also is part of a UK Govt that was involved in Windrush scandal, the PPE scandal involving £Billions being given to Tory party cronies and which resulted in many members of NHS getting ill due to inadequate PPE. But that is not all we had Cabinet Minsters suggesting Grenfell tower deaths were down to the public, they also blamed Covid case numbers not on their confusing rules, but on public themselves.

https://www.indy100.com/news/conservative-party-tories-scandals-boris-johnson-david-cameron-theresa-may-brexit-9505986

Clearly they want people to forget about all that, fortunately most of us will not.

Whataboutery, twice now in 1 page there's been "They might be corrupt but Westminster is too"

Mouth breathers.

11 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

me neither. the main thing  I have gathered from the whole issue is that a key issue appears to relate to Sturgeon having a meeting with someone re Salmond's alleged antics two days before the date she remembered. And that her husband may or may not have been in the hoose at that time eary-wigging. That Is the extent of my understanding of this "sleaze" at the heart of Government. 

10 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
11 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:
me neither. the main thing  I have gathered from the whole issue is that a key issue appears to relate to Sturgeon having a meeting with someone re Salmond's alleged antics two days before the date she remembered. And that her husband may or may not have been in the hoose at that time eary-wigging. That Is the extent of my understanding of this "sleaze" at the heart of Government. 

And mine

10 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

Meanwhile the actual sleaze at the heart of the UK Government goes unmentioned. 

And to the usually sane poster ranting about terfs and ****. 

Jesus christ the morality and grandstanding can never be done again. This thread is disgraceful. 

9 hours ago, Wee Bully said:

Exactly this. And the fact she refused to intervene when he thinks she should have.

The determination to make this a “thing” is fabulous.

Other than Yoons on Twitter, the BBC and the Tories, literally no one cares.

Keep telling yourself this. It's utterly nonsensical right enough. 

The fact you don't care is head in the sand type stuff. 

24 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

You can just say misogynist if you like. But unfortunately I think you're making the mistake of thinking TERFs = women.

If I didn't want to be labelled a TERF I would simply not be a radical feminist excluding trans people tbh. I'm sure there's a hard hitting WoS article about woke Nazis and women hating trans people for you to paraphrase though! 

What about **** what do they do to avoid sectarian slurs? 

I am somebody who generally follows politics quite closely, but I have absolutely zero idea what is going on between Salmond, Sturgeon and the SNP at the moment. Like, absolutely zero. I immediately zone out whenever something about it comes on the TV. Given the sort of people I see referencing it on social media, I don't think I have ever been happier about my own ignorance. 
I agree entirely. And the right-wing media and assorted politicians have run so hard with this issue that they are now entering the law of diminishing returns. They overlook the fact that the vast majority of the public are not political anoraks who pore over ever arcane facet of legal minutae. Sure there was maladministration, misinformation and almost certainly mendacity and malpractice, but when you shine such a harsh spotlight it begins to look more like a partisan witch-hunt than an investigation. And let's face it, if Joe Public is again shrugging his shoulders it's perhaps because the UK electorate has historically good reason to. If Davidson, Ross, Baillie, Rennie et al think that their righteous indignation will translate into votes in May they may be disappointed.

1 minute ago, Stormzy said:

It's v simple that's not a sectarian slur. It is "unhelpful in a conversation about sectarianism" but only because it gets Rangers fans' backs up. As a protestant, the word *** is completely harmless to me because it is used to describe Rangers fans, the orange order and the more eye swivelling side of loyalism rather than protestantism. I'm afraid being a Rangers fan is not a protected characteristic last time I checked so *shrugs shoulders* 

7 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
13 hours ago, DrewDon said:

I agree entirely. And the right-wing media and assorted politicians have run so hard with this issue that they are now entering the law of diminishing returns. They overlook the fact that the vast majority of the public are not political anoraks who pore over ever arcane facet of legal minutae. Sure there was maladministration, misinformation and almost certainly mendacity and malpractice, but when you shine such a harsh spotlight it begins to look more like a partisan witch-hunt than an investigation. And let's face it, if Joe Public is again shrugging his shoulders it's perhaps because the UK electorate has historically good reason to. If Davidson, Ross, Baillie, Rennie et al think that their righteous indignation will translate into votes in May they may be disappointed.

You don't understand the case so you're saying nobody cares because you're purposefully not willing to look into wrong doings in the party you support. 

Astounding lack of principles.

"Right wing press" - 😂

Imagine saying with your chest you dont understand something then trying to criticise it at the same time.

Close your eyes and go back to bed. 

1 minute ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

It's v simple that's not a sectarian slur. It is "unhelpful in a conversation about sectarianism" but only because it gets Rangers fans' backs up. As a protestant, the word *** is completely harmless to me because it is used to describe Rangers fans, the orange order and the more eye swivelling side of loyalism rather than protestantism. I'm afraid being a Rangers fan is not a protected characteristic last time I checked so *shrugs shoulders* 

But *** is a sectarian slur that's recognised as so and is censored on this platform. Your post seems to be deleted so someone clearly thinks Terf or *** is unacceptable.

6 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

But *** is a sectarian slur that's recognised as so and is censored on this platform. Your post seems to be deleted so someone clearly thinks Terf or *** is unacceptable.

I put it down to the same over zealousness which sees the likes of Netflix remove any potentially offensive material from old sitcoms. It's a form of extreme caution so the website isn't bombarded by angry Rangers fans who think they are representative of protestantism in this country. 

2 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

The state this saga has got some people in is quite tremendous- this Ghost of barp character is particularly raging, v funny to watch.

The wee Ghost boy is quite a laugh. Almost Pep-levels of seethe. No surprise at all to see permabores like Strichener, tinfoil hatter Detournement and various yoon trolls in the same corner either. 

I think what i'll enjoy most when this absolute non-story is over is the series of crushing disappointments for yoons who thought a while back that Salmond was guilty and his conviction would bring down Sturgeon and the SNP, and now that he's innocent, maybe now he'll still bring down Sturgeon and the SNP.  It's the hope that kills them, in absolutely delicious fashion. 

2 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

I put it down to the same over zealousness which sees the likes of Netflix remove any potentially offensive material from old sitcoms. It's a form of extreme caution so the website isn't bombarded by angry Rangers fans who think they are representative of protestantism in this country. 

Well it's certainly a gutter level word to use in a debate. I'm sure you'll be devastated to know I'm not angry just mildly disappointed.

1 minute ago, Stormzy said:

Well it's certainly a gutter level word to use in a debate. I'm sure you'll be devastated to know I'm not angry just mildly disappointed.

Aye, as I say it's unhelpful in a debate and that's why I made it into a fun little joke (think it got deleted because I circumvented the filter). I will make sure to work harder in future to make sure you are not disappointed

6 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

My my, that's a zinger. How long did it take to come up with that?

I've never really noticed your posts but DOTL and Deewhatever very much mimic the function of the idiot chorus from Shakespeare by throwing in stupid comments from the sidelines while being completely detached from the plot/topic. 

Sad old men who get genuinely upset by people who have a different opinion to them. 

Edited by Detournement

42 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

According to Ofcom, its "mild language, generally of little concern" putting it alongside calling someone a "ginger".

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/word-***-not-considered-offensive-8975541

Clearly you cant use it on this site, as in Scotland it has been determined that it might offend some people as it can be deemed a sectarian slur - however as a protestant Hibs fan, I have never been called that by anyone, ever.

Back in the real world, it is rather obviously used as a derogatory term for followers of your faves and nothing else.

That some Rangers fans felt strongly enough Captain America Laughing GIF by mtvto push for it to be deemed sectarian in this country tells us more about those people than those using it.

You don't understand the case so you're saying nobody cares because you're purposefully not willing to look into wrong doings in the party you support. 
Astounding lack of principles.
"Right wing press" - [emoji23]
Imagine saying with your chest you dont understand something then trying to criticise it at the same time.
Close your eyes and go back to bed. 

This is a total misrepresentation of what I posted. Go back and read it and you will see that any calm reasoning and resolution of the issue is being completely drowned out by the bloodlust of those determined to deliver their version of justice by any means. The public sees thro that whipped-up hysteria.