Alex Salmond.

kevthedee

Just now, Anonapersona said:

Yes, it is settled. Nobody is going to attempt that kind of political suicide.

Aye, sure... you hand the Unionist establishment weapons-grade uranium, but you remain confident that they won't, eh... actually use it... Settled!

It's already started: wee slimeballs like Tomkins questioning the 'responsibilities' of parliaments, grandstanders like Neil comparing Scotland to a 'rogue US state' and wondering when the 'federal govt' is going to intervene, random yoon bears on Twitter calling for the 'suspension' of the devolved administration (ever heard of N. Ireland?)...

The longer Sturgeon hangs on, the worse it will get.

But you are unable or unwilling to understand any of that (or basic stuff like rule of law or separation of powers)... because you are 'correct'.

Go you.

1 minute ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Aye, sure... you hand the Unionist establishment weapons-grade uranium, but you remain confident that they won't, eh... actually use it... Settled!

It's already started: wee slimeballs like Tomkins questioning the 'responsibilities' of parliaments, grandstanders like Neil comparing Scotland to a 'rogue US state' and wondering when the 'federal govt' is going to intervene, random yoon bears on Twitter calling for the 'suspension' of the devolved administration (ever heard of N. Ireland?)...

The longer Sturgeon hangs on, the worse it will get.

But you are unable or unwilling to understand any of that (or basic stuff like rule of law or separation of powers)... because you are 'correct'.

Go you.

I'm not unwilling to understand anything. You're wishing for something that isn't going to happen.

But if you're so confident then maybe a wee bet for charity?

1 minute ago, Anonapersona said:

I'm not unwilling to understand anything. You're wishing for something that isn't going to happen.

But if you're so confident then maybe a wee bet for charity?

See, you really, really don't understand very much, do you?

I'm 'wishing' for it?!

I'm trying to point out what's at stake... so that maybe, you know, it doesn't happen?

I have an open offer on a charity bet that Sturgeon will be gone by midnight on 31st May, if you fancy? (I'd have gone for earlier, but the lovable rogues who took the bet suggested that was 'fair'..).

The only way I could meaningfully frame a bet on Holyrood would be to say that 'in the 0.01% chance that Sturgeon survives, Holyrood will be closed in X years'... but I'm not sure we really want to be in touch with one another for 'X years'.

By the way, I think it's every bit as likely (unless we get a quick resolution to the current problem) that the threat of closing down Holyrood will be mobilised... then withdrawn, on the understanding that we promise to be a nice compliant wee devolved administration.

I'm 'wishing' for it?!
I'm trying to point out what's at stake... so that maybe, you know, it doesn't happen?
I have an open offer on a charity bet that Sturgeon will be gone by midnight on 31st May, if you fancy? (I'd have gone for earlier, but the lovable rogues who took the bet suggested that was 'fair'..).
The only way I could meaningfully frame a bet on Holyrood would be to say that 'in the 0.01% chance that Sturgeon survives, Holyrood will be closed in X years'... but I'm not sure we really want to be in touch with one another for 'X years'.
By the way, I think it's every bit as likely (unless we get a quick resolution to the current problem) that the threat of closing down Holyrood will be mobilised... then withdrawn, on the understanding that we promise to be a nice compliant wee devolved administration.

Happy to double it if you think Sturgeon will be gone earlier? I love a charity bet. Are you thinking before the election?

23 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

I'm 'wishing' for it?!

Where  the absolute f**k do you get this information? Oh, you 'think' it up. Got it.

2 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Happy to double it if you think Sturgeon will be gone earlier? I love a charity bet. Are you thinking before the election?

I think it's only fair to leave room for others to avail themselves of this marvellous opportunity, don't you?

Silence.

I don't think there will be elections in May, but that's another issue... maybe we could bet on that (give you a chance to claw back your money... as I say, fair...).

Just now, Day of the Lords said:
2 minutes ago, Anonapersona said:
Where  the absolute f**k do you get this information? Oh, you 'think' it up. Got it.

He's an angry tinfoil-hatter. I used to skim the occasional post but most are absolute eye-rape and barely worth even that minimal effort.

Bingo is boring.

Where you been, anyway?

Not learning to read, I see... ('skim'... aye right...).

3 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

I think it's only fair to leave room for others to avail themselves of this marvellous opportunity, don't you?

Silence.

I don't think there will be elections in May, but that's another issue... maybe we could bet on that (give you a chance to claw back your money... as I say, fair...).

So as it stands you're saying Sturgeon will be gone well before the stated date of the election, that there won't be elections in May and if Sturgeon somehow clings on there won't be a Holyrood... But there will be if she goes?

I'm going to say that if you are giving the dictionary definition of anything in your submission then you have no actual, tangible evidence.

A lot of Salmond's submissions seems to be about how good behaviour in public office is paramount and of upmost importance to civil society AND also claiming that any public servant caught breaking rules should be able to avoid any actions against them by simply resigning.

Just now, NotThePars said:

So as it stands you're saying Sturgeon will be gone well before the stated date of the election, that there won't be elections in May and if Sturgeon somehow clings on there won't be a Holyrood... But there will be if she goes?

No, 'as it stands' we a have a bet (£50 to charity) she'll be gone by 31st May.

I would have bet on that being earlier, but I happily went with the suggestion you and the Falkirk fella made.

I am now, entirely separately, offering you an opportunity to salvage your honour by taking a different bet on the elections being postponed.

Looking further ahead, I'm quite reasonably arguing that the longer Sturgeon clings on, the more the Unionists will start calling the authority of the parliament into question (why the f**k would they not?), but suggested that wasn't such a good basis for a bet, because it's long term? 

We clear?

2 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

I'm going to say that if you are giving the dictionary definition of anything in your submission then you have no actual, tangible evidence.

A lot of Salmond's submissions seems to be about how good behaviour in public office is paramount and of upmost importance to civil society AND also claiming that any public servant caught breaking rules should be able to avoid any actions against them by simply resigning.

Aye, you've spotted the fatal flaw in the whole thing... use of a fuckin dictionary definition. Exile the c**t.

1 minute ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

No, 'as it stands' we a have a bet (£50 to charity) she'll be gone by 31st May.

I would have bet on that being earlier, but I happily went with the suggestion you and the Falkirk fella made.

I am now, entirely separately, offering you an opportunity to salvage your honour by taking a different bet on the elections being postponed.

Looking further ahead, I'm quite reasonably arguing that the longer Sturgeon clings on, the more the Unionists will start calling the authority of the parliament into question (why the f**k would they not?), but suggested that wasn't such a good basis for a bet, because it's long term? 

We clear?

I wasn't talking about betting I'm just trying to work out what your takes are.

14 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The fact that the Crown Prosecutors can order a Parliamentary committee to redact documents is Banana Republic stuff. 

It surely has to be a judge. 

The incompetence and corruption in both earlier stages of the process is staggering...

... so who cares about trashing daft old-fashioned ideas like the rule of law and separation of powers in a desperate attempt to keep a lid on it?

In for a penny...

And yet still there are folk on here trying to defend it.

1 minute ago, Day of the Lords said:
18 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:
Bingo is boring.
Where you been, anyway?
Not learning to read, I see... ('skim'... aye right...).

Literally nobody has the time or interest to read your all of your tinfoil hat shite m9.

You just keep not reading anything and mouthing 'tinfoil', you'll be fine...

53 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

You're right, absolute nonsense and immature wishful thinking on the minority unionists.