Alex Salmond.

kevthedee

Since the UK government miscalculated oil revenue, and have saved not a brass farthing of oil revenue in the decades it was booming, do you think that the UK should be absorbed into a larger state and hand over the administration of oil to that state's government (which will be located outside the UK, of course)?

Or is it just Scotland that you think shouldn't be entrusted with administration of the resource's revenue?

I was just saying he's fatter than his picture to be honest.

"Kev" thinks whatever the regionalist, anti-Scottish press tells him to type. It's increasingly obvious that it's just part of the "thick British Nat" character he's playing.

At least I certainly hope so, because if such a seemingly satirical stereotype is real... Sweet Jesus.

This will be in contrast to the non biased WOS swallowing intellectual types that read the National.If Kev is in "character" he's pretty good at it I admit . I'll need to up my game.

I was just saying he's fatter than his picture to be honest.

Fair enough, like many his evident corpulence is of particular interest.

But you have also shown an interest in oil revenues, given your thread on the subject. So I'll ask again: since the UK government also miscalculated oil revenue, and have saved not a brass farthing of oil revenue in the decades it was booming, do you think that the UK should be absorbed into a larger state and hand over the administration of oil to that state's government (which will be located outside the UK, of course)?

Or is it just Scotland that you think shouldn't be entrusted with administration of the resource's revenue?

Fair enough, like many his evident corpulence is of particular interest.

But you have also shown an interest in oil revenues, given your thread on the subject. So I'll ask again: since the UK government also miscalculated oil revenue, and have saved not a brass farthing of oil revenue in the decades it was booming, do you think that the UK should be absorbed into a larger state and hand over the administration of oil to that state's government (which will be located outside the UK, of course)?

No i will take the UK just as it is if the price of administrating the oil industry is creating a new independent nation.Seems a bit of a leap just to control an ailing industry.To be fair there are times im sympathetic to some of the arguments about independence but some of the Fantasy Island stuff in the White Paper regarding finance and revenues just makes me think NO.

No i will take the UK just as it is if the price of administrating the oil industry is creating a new independent nation.Seems a bit of a leap just to control an ailing industry.To be fair there are times im sympathetic to some of the arguments about independence but some of the Fantasy Island stuff in the White Paper regarding finance and revenues just makes me think NO.

Spoken like a proud Brit. ;) It's a bit rich to discredit Scotland's viability as a sovereign state based on one party's vision when the converse is to support the viability of the UK as a sovereign state; we have generations of mismanagement, busts, collapses, panics and damage to Scotland to point to as evidence against its viability. We don't need to damn one single party's vision for the future to discredit the UK plc.

Edited by Antlion

What has she actually done so far that merits such glowing approval?...

Granted she has only been first minister for a short while but compared to Salmond and McConnell she's been shite.

I have no idea - you should ask the pollsters who measure her approval ratings to get more information from their respondents to find out why she's so incredibly popular.

Personally, I like her because she's competent, ballsy, personable, and she doesn't kowtow to the idea that Scotland must be a perpetual territory of a larger state. Against her, I dislike her approval of an unelected Head of State whose sole claim to the role is falling out of an aristocratic vagina. One cannot object to the House of Lords and seriously support the monarchy. The principle is the same.

I have no idea - you should ask the pollsters who measure her approval ratings to get more information from their respondents to find out why she's so incredibly popular.

Personally, I like her because she's competent, ballsy, personable, and she doesn't kowtow to the idea that Scotland must be a perpetual territory of a larger state. Against her, I dislike her approval of an unelected Head of State whose sole claim to the role is falling out of an aristocratic vagina. One cannot object to the House of Lords and seriously support the monarchy. The principle is the same.

So you like her but you have no idea what she has actually done during her time as first minister?

You're doing nothing to disprove the belief of many that no matter how useless the SNP are people will still vote for them. :)

So you like her but you have no idea what she has actually done during her time as first minister?

You're doing nothing to disprove the belief of many that no matter how useless the SNP are people will still vote for them. :)

I have just explained why I like her. In terms of what she has done during her term as FM, I can point out several things. She has led the SNP to a victory no one thought possible. She has maintained discipline amongst the cohort of new MPs. She has introduced a mental health fund and has put a lot of weight (and a parliamentary bill) behind carers' rights (both of these directly affect folk I know). It may or may not Buck a trend, but I have also been absolutely delighted with NHS treatment received (last month and November last year), and am personally happy with its performance under her watch.

Now can you explain why you so dislike her? You've offered nothing other than disdain that she's apparently head of a "useless" party and people apparently like her for no other reason than they dare to see Scotland as something more than region of a bigger country.

Edited by Antlion

Get thepundit to make a prediction, he's good at them.

Let me guess - "the SNP will never be a presence at Westminster/be relevant in a General Election"?

Variations on this I heard a lot at the start of the year, but it was mostly just desperate wishful thinking from BritNats who couldn't comprehend why all the nasty separatists (*hiss*) weren't shrivelling up and accepting Scotland's minor regional status.

"We won the referendum - why is this happennniiinnnggg?" :D

Let me guess - "the SNP will never be a presence at Westminster/be relevant in a General Election"?

Variations on this I heard a lot at the start of the year, but it was mostly just desperate wishful thinking from BritNats who couldn't comprehend why all the nasty separatists (*hiss*) weren't shrivelling up and accepting Scotland's minor regional status.

"We won the referendum - why is this happennniiinnnggg?" :D

Or come on fellow Jocks. Get back in yer box with me. We can busy ourselves with old firm whataboutery or other such tedious shite.

Now can you explain why you so dislike her? You've offered nothing other than disdain that she's apparently head of a "useless" party and people apparently like her for no other reason than they dare to see Scotland as something more than region of a bigger country.

I don't dislike her.

And my question was not specifically based on the party she represents.

I don't dislike her.

And my question was not specifically based on the party she represents.

You can forgive my misunderstanding, I'm sure, based as it was on:

"You're doing nothing to disprove the belief of many that no matter how useless the SNP are people will still vote for them"

For what it's worth, I'll vote SNP until such a time as Scotland is independent (and as long as it's the party best places to deliver it). After that, I'd be voting for a party which has a more radical platform that that envisioned by the SNP.

What has she actually done so far that merits such glowing approval?...

Granted she has only been first minister for a short while but compared to Salmond and McConnell she's been shite.

McConnell??? JACK FUCKIN MCCONNELL??? Sit yersel down and take 5 neebs.